“Lancaster Travelodge”

Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
UNION
“Lancaster Travelodge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very clean but very old. Bathrooms need updating badly. Very comfortable bed but wall air conditioner so loud that it wakes you up in middle of night. Serves the purpose as long as you're not spending a lot of time in the room. Spending some money to update and modernize this place would justify raising the room price, which is about the lowest in Lancaster right now. Hotel location is perfect for visiting family less than a mile away but the appearance is so dowdy. Spend some money to make this a more attractive place and you will surely get more guests.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

MGPATEL, General Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Sir,
We appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you found the rooms clean.
Thank you again for taking some time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kingston, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We make this run thru Lancaster 3 or 4 times a year, and we always stay somewhere in the area. But this is the first time that we stayed at the Travelodge on Columbia. And we did it twice. Going down and coming back. Quite frankly, we stayed there the second time only because I'd reserved both nights at the same time and they were non-refundable. I need to say first, that they put us in the same room both times, so I can't comment on the rest of the rooms. However, the room was old, but clean. It was a non-smoking room so no odours. It was the plumbing that turned out to be a problem. The toilet ran and ran. I took the back off and found that the float was cobbled together with twist ties. I got it to work finally but for the rest of the stay we played with it every time we used the bathroom. The shower had adequate pressure but the water temperature ranged from icy cold to boiling hot. No matter how you set it, the water temp would change as soon as someone else in the hotel ran water. So would I stay there again? Not likely.......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MGPATEL, General Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
10/4/12
Dear Chris,
On behalf of the hotel, I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the plumbing issue. We do appreciate your feedback and as you suggested a plumber will be coming to fix the problem. Once again, we value your comments which help us improve the quality of our hotel.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

This place is a dump! Its very very outdated the rooms have a horrible smell and the customer service is horrible! The breakfast or lack there of is a joke u better bring a tray cause u fotta bring it back to ur room to eat the staff is very rude and not professional at all there very short with u and the pool is in the parking lot!! Not private at all us the showers are just a joke small and the water pressure is horrible but at least they have comfy beds and pillows and its in a good location but u sure do pay for what u get the rooms are cheap just like the decor and staff service!

• Stayed September 2012
MGPATEL, General Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Sir,
We are grateful to trip advisor for asking you to remove the inappropriate comments on your former review.
In the hospitality business, we appreciate constructive criticisms which help us improve our business, and I can assure you that our staff is very friendly and professional, as you can see in the majority of the reviews.
CHARLOTTE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

After driving for over 12 hours, it was good to land in a nice environment to a smiling face. Brigitte was the person at the front desk,when we arrived. She was friendly and so helpful. She answered our questions about the area and told us to make sure and let her know if we needed anything. She was genuine in her interactions with us. My short review would say... The room was clean, the rate was good and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

1 Thank KATHY A
Brigitte H, Front desk at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Kathy,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay; and I personnally thank you for your very nice compliment.
Talking with both of you was easy and enjoyable. I hope to see you again in a near future.
Brigitte
PALM BAY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The only problem I had was I was in a smoking room and it stunk of tobacco. Nex time i'll request a non smoking room. I will be around York in April hope te service is as good.

Lancaster
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The room had an unpleasant smell and the bedding and carpets could use an update.

Otherwise the room was quiet and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Donna C
PITTSGROVE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

When leaving I was told that a receipt would be sent via e-mail and that a paper receipt was not available. It was not until I got home that I saw I was charged for a safe in the room. I did not ask for a safe, nor did I need one or use it. It was not a large sum of money, but I felt it was slipped in there. If everyone that uses this motel gets this charge, you are talking a lot of money. I feel it was underhanded and deliberately hidden from me. I will never stay there again. I hate deceit.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

MGPATEL, General Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
9.29.12
Dear Karen,
We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry that you think you deceived you, but I would like to clarify our position. When a guest signs the registration card, the safe charge is described very clearly. It says on the registration card " I understand a $1.50 fee for the safe with limited warranty will appear on my bill and may be removed upon request at check out". Furthermore there is also a sign posted prominently at the front desk.
I refunded $1.50 on your credit card and emailed you a copy of the folio with the refund. Once again we thank you for letting us know what was troubling you, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Knights Inn Lancaster PA
#22 of 39 in Lancaster
Rodeway Inn Amish Country
Rodeway Inn Amish Country
#26 of 39 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge? Share your experiences!