“Good for one night”

Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
East Tennessee
“Good for one night”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed there overnight for a quick visit to the Amish country. Room was clean and they accepted pets, so it fit us okay since we arrived about 11:00 pm and left by 8:00 am. Beds were comfortable with good pillows. Can't say much about the breakfast. A couple trays of pastries and two cold cereals. No place to sit and eat. The desk clerks were helpful when needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TNVisitor54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was plesantly surprised by the clean room, new and most comfortable mattress, working applicances (refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer, TV, etc). You could hear some sound from other rooms, but no more than is usual for this kind of hotel. The room for the money was terrific. I generally stay at more expensive hotels and this room had all that I'm accustomed to but had none of the irritating problems that you can run into. It was nice to have a restaurant on the other side of the parking lot, too. We stayed there September 14-16, 2012.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SarahLou48
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We got a clean, comfortable room for a dirt-cheap rate. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was just seeking a no-frills room for the night and this hotel exceeded my expectations for the price I paid. My friend and I were in Lancaster for an ultra trail run starting early the next morning, and we were thrilled to see a bunch of energy drink mixes and health food bars available for free in the lobby - I wonder if the hotel staff knew there was a race going on in town? Either way, it was a great touch and much appreciated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robicheaux
New York
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This surprise of a hotel was just what our large family needed. Every other hotel in the area either had terrible ratings or were priced too high.

The Lancaster Travelodge beat them on both counts. We were surprised to find clean rooms, new bedding, spotless bathrooms, and a very accommodating management (Thank you Mr. Patel!).
The outdoor pool was spotless and crystal clear. We were able to take two rooms with an adjoining door in between so our whole family was together for the two nights we stayed.

We had a total of four double beds, two roll-aways, two mini refrigerators and two bathrooms with showers for two nights -- for less than the price of one "suite" in the other hotels for one night!
The cleaning staff offered us extra towels (as much as we needed) and these towels were spotless white and fresh smelling. There is a hair dryer in each bathroom with enough disposable cups for 6 people. There is a coffee maker with roasted coffee complimentary in each room with a microwave. Air conditioning worked very well and was operated via a wireless remote. There was a large flat screen TV which we didn't get to use but looked very modern. Other than that the rolling executive chair and two lounge chairs with a sitting table were also extra benefits we made good use of.
My kids loved that "motel" feel where you just park near your room and load and unload items as needed.

Other bonuses: The office has a full rack of attraction brochures, there is a fully stocked 24 hour CVS pharmacy right across the street which we made use of more than once (Note: you can print photos from their instant photo developing at all hours! A great activity for older kids at the end of a long vacation day!), there is a Weis supermarket next door and a bank and ATM across the street as well.
It's in a very neat middle class neighborhood and we felt safe walking outside at 11:00 at night.

One final note: If you want to pray at the only Lancaster Orthodox synagogue this hotel is one of the closest. Driving time from hotel to Degel Israel is about 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms should be requested beforehand. Adjoining rooms do not have tubs. If you do not nee...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelerAtTimes
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2012

this place run by Mr M Patel is a first rate hotel. the people is friendly. the sercutiy is good. i feel safe when the famly goes there for vacaition. we wont stay other place because this one is clean, and the managment for the desk clerks is phanominal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank haresh p
Stafford, Virginia, USA
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I am always treated with the utmost friendliness and respect. The atmosphere, the rooms and amenities are quite comfortable. Whenever I visit Lancaster, I love staying at the Lancaster Travelodge at 2101 Columbia Ave, Lancaster, PA 17603. I feel more "at home" there, then visiting relatives who live in Lancaster. On the day of my check out, my Jeep did not start and my daughter and I felt alone completely along and awkward as guests walk pass us. Fearing that the temperature was going to climb to the 100+ of the previous day, the owner of Lancaster Travelodge came over and asked if he could give my auto a jump-start from his mini-van. How much more kindness and personable can you get then that? He and his staff have always been very amazing and love staying at the Lancaster Travelodge on Columbia Ave.

Room Tip: Amazing Owner and Staff!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex O
Cedar Park, Tx
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We pulled into the Travel Lodge and my first thought was omigod, what was I thinking when I reserved this room? The parking lot was dark and it was looking pretty grim. Then I went into our room and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, bright and looked like it had been recently remodeled. The room came equipped with a nice fridge too, which is nice if you're on a long road trip. The desk clerks were very nice and helpful too. The only other downside was the free breakfast, which was a little below the average - but you get what you pay for. This motel is a good economic option if you don't feel like paying 2-3 times more in Lancaster's other motels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cedar_Park_chump
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Knights Inn Lancaster PA
Rodeway Inn Amish Country
Rodeway Inn Amish Country
#26 of 38 in Lancaster
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster

Been to Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge? Share your experiences!