“A Good Value”

Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
PA
“A Good Value”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

For less than $50 a night this hotel is totally functional. Nothing fancy but the rooms are clean, staff is courteous, and the location is good; just minutes from historic downtown Lancaster and route 30. Free wifi works great with new flat-screen tv's plus a good cable selection in the rooms. If you want modern and fancy, spend more money; if budget is your deal, this is the place!

Room Tip: No elevators so if you have a lot of stuff request a ground floor room when making your reservation.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Armedforcesveteran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Our sliding glass window did not close all the way or lock...We arrived late so did not complain but got another room next day which was just as bad...Really would not ever stay here again at any price...It is far away from all the outlets and entertainment. Do not get sucked in...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tammi L
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Please do not waste your money in here, I decided to take a 1/2 week vacation in PA and was looking for something afordable and I saw that this place had a 25% discount and it looked better than a few others I saw, but my mistake was trying to save money became expensive and ended up leaving early, unless you are a drunk who is taking a prostitute to have sex consider this place, other wise please stay somewhere else even if that means paying more $$$ our room was very durty but we were like ok, is not that expensive but wow, is seemed that all of the hookers in town came to have orgies, during the day and night these people were having sex and I mean it was loud, to the point that it felt I was in a bordel, I cut down my trip short to 2 days and did not care to lose the money. BAD SERVICE, the lady at the fron looked at me as if this was some type of high class hotel and I was wrong, any how for future references please rent something more expensive but avoid this place,

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Naye N
Lake Peekskill, NY
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have stayed in this area a lot in the past. Most of the inexpensive motels are dives. I decided at the last minute to visit the area, and this place had the best price. After reading the reviews here, I decided to give it a try. I am glad I did.

The room was larger than I had expected. It was clean, and well appointed. The king sized bed was comfortable, but we could have used another pillow. I am sure it would not have been a problem had we requested one, as the folks who run this place were anxious to please. Everyone who worked here was friendly and greeted us with a smile.

They had a continental breakfast, which was sparse, but we didn't stay here for the breakfast. Everything was fresh, and the coffee was pretty good.

We were having such a good time that we decided to add a day. The rates went up on the weekend, and we asked if we could get the same rate we had paid for the previous days. They gave us the room for only a few dollars more, but didn't charge for our dog that last night. We couldn't ask for better treatment.

The location was not as close to the Amish country as we would have liked, but we managed just fine. When we return to the area, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teachernthehood
MGPATEL, Owner at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for your review. We strive to service our guest to our best ability. We always use our guest reviews, to improve our services to our guest. When you are in the area please consider our hotel for your stay. Have a great holiday season.
Reisterstown, Maryland
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We found this motel clean and the room very spacious for a couple with two teenage children. It is convenient to the outlet malls but this motel is in Amish country as the state of Maryland is in the Pacific Northwest. You have to drive about a half hour to find any Amish.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael R
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed here after evacuating NJ for Hurricane Irene. We are very thankful to have stayed there. We are a family of 8 and stayed in two rooms with 3 cats and a bird. The staff was very friendly and there were plenty of resturaunts close by. There is an animal hosptial right across the street. We would stay again. Very affordable and a blessing in an emergency for us and our pets!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura P
Milford, Delaware
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This was our second time stay here and this time there was a couple things that didn't impress me at all. When I arrived there I had pulled up into the parking space in front of the lobby to checked in and stuff and there was 4 young guys just sitting there staring at me the entire time! It was very rude and I felt uncomfortable. They watched me the entire I was in the car, getting out of the car, getting my daughter out of the car, and going into the building, and getting back into my car. I'm sure there was something else they could've been doing besides sitting there staring at me!!! I was going to complain to the person at the desk but it was another young male so I figured it probably wouldn't do much good. I guess my main complaint was that when I went to turn down the covers I discovered that there was a stain on the sheet (I thought it was dirty and first) and there about a 1 1/2" sized rip in the sheet too! Nonsense! It's too much to ask to get a decent sheet to sleep on?? The second thing was the ironing boards that they have there are little teeny tiny tabletop ones. Is it too much to ask to get a few full sized ones in the building or at least specify when I call to ask if you have ironing boards that they are mini ones that barely fits my 1 year old daughters clothes. I would've brought my own. And the hair dryer in our room didn't work. It's a good thing I had brought mine with me. It's really not a terrible hotel but, definitely could use a little tightening up.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family