Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center
$116
  • Breakfast included
$74
$148
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$87
$137
$108
Country Inn
$179
$179
$106
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$120
$130
$120
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Lancaster Host at the end of July. Jenny Mercandetti served as our wedding coordinator and she was GREAT! Every request we had, she made a priority in finding a way to accommodate us. The ballroom we used was beautiful, and the food was absolutely incredible--all of our guests could not stop talking about the buffet dinner! The entire staff did an amazing job setting up our entire reception the way we'd wanted it, and served our guests with great hospitality. My nephew is a very picky eater, and one staff member noticed he was not eating the buffet food so she brought out a special meal of chicken tenders and fries just for him! Everyone was extremely accommodating. I could not have asked for a more successful, relaxing, and quality wedding reception (and VERY affordable!!!). We also enjoyed a complimentary honeymoon suite on the evening of our wedding. Thank you so much, Jenny & Host staff!!!!!! Book your wedding with the Host--seriously, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ap123779
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Our extended family holds reunions every two years in different towns throughout the USA - and occasionally in Canada. Sixty-six of us, ranging in age from 9 months old to age 97, spent three days at the Lancaster Host Resort. Family members traveled from Canada, California, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, South Dakota, Illinois, Ohio, Virginia, New Hampshire, New Jersey, as well as Pennsylvania to attend. Rave reviews keep pouring in with praise for a wonderful time.

As the reunion organizer, I want to commend the staff for making this an outstanding event for all involved. Special thanks to Tom Shreffler who assisted me with planning and implementing a successful weekend. Other staff members also contributed to making everyone feel welcome and relaxed.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the rates were reasonable, and the location is excellent. There were things to do on site that met the needs of all the age groups. The catered meals were so good that we plan to return just for the food!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JoyceWik
Reviewed July 26, 2010

After reading all of these reviews, I was actually scared to stay here lol. My aunt even told me they had a mouse in their room a coupel of years ago!! But I work in a hotel myself and know how picky some guests can be and I know how sometimes stuff just happens..so I figured I would take my chances. Upon check-in the staff was very friendly. I had been waiting to check-in for a couple minutes and then another woman had come in after me and somehow ended up getting helped first. So i was like ohhh boy here we go..the problems are starting.. But like I said, I work in a hotel and know how hectic it can be at times, so I was very patient. When it was my turn, the Front Desk Agent was very polite and helpful. I was still a little worried about what my room would look like. The exterior halls had a little wear but nothing more than most places have. As I opended the door to our room, I was blown away. Everything was so nice. Carpets seemed like they had just been shampood, everything was very modern and updated...It was everything I had hoped for. My family even stopped by later that weekend and told me what a nice room it was and that it was nothing like thier room in the past. My boyfriend and kitty cat just loved the room as well. None of us wanted to leave :(. We really did have a great stay!! These other bad reviews almost stopped me from staying, but I am glad I took a chance. I will stay here from now on when I visit and advise you all to do the same :) Thank you to all the front desk, room service, and breakfast staff that we encountered for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisamarie31684
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Last November 2009 we attended a conference at this place.

I had no problem with the cleanliness of this place, but it is SO unaccessible! As the one review stated, there is ONE, count it, ONE elevator in this hotel. Otherwise, you take a safari through the lobby and up down hallways, and then you still have to pull your luggage up six steps from the lobby We called for a busby who carried our luggage from the back parking lot up 3 flights of ten steps. Plus, they have an antique wheelchair left that takes handicapped people to the ballroom, and the people in our group who had to use it were mortified.

Plus, my roommate and I had prepaid, and still had to wait an hour for our room, even after the check in time because our room supposedly wasn't ready. Then, there wasn't even a mini fridge in the room! Geez, even the worst strip motel has mini fridges!

I don't know how this place gets away with not being accessible.

We are attending the same conference this November, and will NOT be staying here. They charge $272 EACH for a double, meaning they're racking in $544 for one room for two days, and even if this does include 2 breakfasts, one dinner and the banquet and convention activity fee (which is $20) it's still exorbitant when, even paying the $50 regis. fee for my event which includes the banquet, you can get a double for $80 to $110 a night anywhere nearby, that includes BOTH people, which cuts our combined expenses almost in half!

I was just not happy here for the money I paid.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Phillygirl69
menglish, General Manager at Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2010

Thank you for commenting on your November 2009 conference at the Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center. I am sorry that you felt the room package price, negotiated by your group, was not deemed as a good value. I do know that the rate included food and beverage per person in addition to the charge for the accommodations. In regard to your other comments, we do have refrigerators in our suites and many of the junior suites. Additional refrigerators can be rented and are available by request. There is also bell service, available as you mentioned, to assist with luggage. Lastly, I apologize regarding the delay at check-in. Sometimes when checking in large groups, such as yours, there can be a wait for available rooms especially when the hotel has high occupancy the prior night. We do try to clean rooms expeditiously, making them available as soon as possible. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

We decided spur of the moment to take a trip to Lancaster. I went online and couldn't find a hotel. Came across this one and even though it was a little pricey we decided to take the room anyway for 2 nights. While booking an add popped up for travelocity. I hit it and to my surprise we got the room for the first night for $99 and the 2nd night for $127. The hotel is located almost right across from Dutch Wonderland which was the whole reason we were going. They did have a problem finding our reservation but handled it quickly. The hotel is sectioned off and we were told to go to entrance D which was a little confusing but we figured it out. I liked the fact that we didnt have to walk through the main lobby with 3 children, our bags and my youngest sons feeding tube pole/supplies. Our room was very clean. I'm a commercial cleaner so clean is something I notice. The coffee pot and remote control did not work in our room -- all it took was a call to the front desk and within minutes we had a new coffee pot and remote. Very professional employees. The hotel had 2 pools an indoor and outdoor. Volleyball net, table tennis and game room were also an added bonus. You could also rent movies that are still in theaters right in your room which I thought was pretty cool as well as N64 video games. The only thing complaint I have is the bed wasnt very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family