Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center
ComfortInn
$108
$86
Country Inn
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$120
The Hotel Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$116
$89
$110
$107
Agoda.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$107
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here one night Memorial Day weekend and though the location was great (near the outlets and center of the area) the hotel needs updating badly. The bed was comfortable and our room was clean. Did not have a flat screen TV. I can live with that. The buffet breakfast was horrible!! Cold and tasteless. Pancakes and waffles were soggy. I only had oatmeal which was I felt was safe. It was an ok place to stay overnight but if you are looking for a special place this is not it. OK for families to save money.

1  Thank Shoreluver
Harry S, General Manager at Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Shoreluver,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your personal observations regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. At the Host, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I would like to truly apologize for the breakfast issue you had during your stay.
We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case, we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated and I have shared the same with our food and beverage management staff. If I may be of any further service please contact me directly at hstevens@lancasterhost.com.
Thank you again for your feedback, we hope you enjoyed your visit to the Lancaster area and hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Host this past September. The entire experience was just incredible! Raquel was our dedicated event coordinator, who helped us organize our thoughts, plan the events of the day (all the way down to the little details) and made sure that everything ran smoothly on the rehearsal night and the big day. She was very responsive throughout the planning process, even when I sent multiple e-mails per day - typical hyper bride! I could not be happier with the customer service from Raquel and all the other wait staff from our event. The hotel was pretty full from our 200 wedding guests (many were from out of town) and other events going on that weekend, but we never experienced a lapse in service. My bridesmaids and I got ready in a king suite - it was HUGE! The room was light and airy and had two bathrooms, which is a necessity with all us girls! The guys got ready in a room across the hotel from us, and that worked out really well. Our ceremony was outside at the edge of the golf course under a willow tree - it was absolutely beautiful! There are so many great places for photos around the golf course, from the bright green grass and mature trees, to the covered bridge and corn fields, our pictures are stunning! Our reception was in the Vista Windows room, which completely transforms into an elegant event space at night (especially with some uplighting from the DJ). Because we had so many guests, we had to use an extra room to fit everyone. I was originally concerned that it would look and feel like a "spill-over" room, but we put our bridal party and good friends in there and everyone had a blast! Plus, they had the best view of the sweetheart table and dance floor! If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely stick with the Host! My wedding was perfect, Raquel is a lifesaver, the location is convenient for out of town guests, having a bar for an "after party" was awesome, and you can't beat the price! Thank you!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kim N

Dear Kim N.,
Congratulations! Thank you for taking the time to send your personal observations and comments regarding your recent wedding reception hosted here at the Lancaster Host. We appreciate the outstanding marks you awarded us in each of the categories.
As your personal observations reflect, not only Raquel, but our entire team’s mission at the Lancaster Host is to deliver exceptional hospitality and I am pleased to hear that we did so for your special day.
Thank you again for your positive comments and patronage, both are much appreciated. If I may be of any future assistance please contact me directly via email at hstevens@lancasterhost.com.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Loved the deal for $99 a night weekdays including breakfast. What a value we received. An all you can eat breakfast buffet. Not a continental breakfast but a full breakfast! Seemed like most people left after the weekend. Since our family went during the middle of the week, we felt like V.I.P.'s. The children loved the pool. Please note however, that there are no ice machines working in this hotel. I don't know what happened. This was a major inconvenience to us. On top of that please note that you have to pay $25 to get a refrigerator in your room. We are used to this being standard at hotels with this star rating. With children this was also a great inconvenience. Glad that the breakfast made up for our other disappointments.

Room Tip: Building is large. Try to get a room near the lobby. If not, get ready for alot of walking!

Dear Savealot2,

We are pleased you enjoyed your visit with us here at the Lancaster Host. We are grateful that you took time to comment regarding your experience and appreciative of your positive review and wonderful scores in each individual category.

The hotel is in the process of replacing the ice machines in the guest hallways. In the interim we are delivering complimentary bags of ice to our guests upon request. I am pleased you family enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

Thank you for choosing the Lancaster Host, we appreciate your patronage, and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

If I may be of any further service please feel free to contact me directly at hstevens@lancasterhost.com .

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Would not stay here. Left after one night. Old Hotel, needs to be updated. Dirty.
The bathroom was dirty, toilet bowl stained. The sheets were dirty. The door would not close unless slamed. Was hard to keep closed. They did give us another room, which was not much better. Left and went to Holiday Inn express...Lovely!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TROUTS63

Dear Trouts63,
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your trip to Lancaster. I apologize for inconveniences you experienced and will use your response to address the issues with the proper team members. The hotel is currently completing bathroom renovations for all of our guest rooms but the process is taking longer than anticipated. We apologize that we were unable to provide you with one of our newly renovated rooms during this stay.
Thanks again for your feedback and personal observations, we hope you had an enjoyable visit to the Lancaster area.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

As I lay awake at 4:30 Saturday morning, lying on lumpy, old, polyfiber pillows I contemplated all the amenities of the Host hotel.

1) We had ordered a cot for my daughter to sleep on which we realized at bedtime was broken so that it tilted to one side. So we ended up dragging the mattress on the dirty floor so she could attempt to sleep. This was an extra $15, a complete rip off.

2)The heating and cooling "system" is a bizarre box where you dial in the temperature you desire and then turn on the fan by clicking up a lightswitch. When the room reaches the temp you need you have to turn the fan off. So either you are sweating hot or completely freezing unless you have time to be vigilant about turning it on and off.

3) In the bathroom is a sink with cracks all around the drain and a toilet that requires me to remove the tank lid and readjust the float that doesn't fit properly in order to prevent it from running and allow the tank to refill.

4)The mirrored closet door was on rusty tracks and would not open and close without fear it would fall out of the frame.

5) The door to the room had a chain lock as well as the standard locks, not sure why safety was such a concern but made me feel like I was misinterpreting my safety in Lancaster.

Needless to say, we checked out the next day and checked into the Country Inn & Suites next door where for the same money we had a lovely suite and breakfast included in the price. Do not waste your money, this place is terribel.

4  Thank Rally0502

Dear Rally0502,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. At the Host we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry that neither the bed pillows or roll away bed were satisfactory, I hoped we removed the $15 charge for the roll away, if not please contact me at the hotel.
One call to our Manager On Duty and both items would have been immediately replaced with new items to meet your personal preferences. The hotel is in the process of renovating our guest rooms, as well as guest bathrooms but unfortunately due to business demands the process is moving slower than we prefer for you, our valued guest.
I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again.