“Feel bad......”

Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #35 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hi Truthastic people back again from my travels around our great country, so recently stayed at the Host. Now I love Lancaster, PA it's a great place so much to do for adults & kids and I've stayed at 2 other places prior to the Host.
Upon entry I was greeted with a lovely looking reception and friendly staff erm good start, we were given a room at the back of the hotel, don't know why they didn't put us closer to the pool and restaurant especially since we were staying for 4 nights, just saying and we did ask.
The Room was ok, the bathroom was very tired looking, really needs renovating plumbers tape around the shower head and the hair dryer come on guys you can change that!
Bed was ok, and I will say well done brand new carpets throughout you see not all bad.
Hotel ceiling tiles come on change the broken and stained ones, out door pool area just very tired & not clean, why do you have that bridge?
Why do you have no diving in the sand pit?
Breakfast was average, the reason I feel bad is that this place I'm sure was a Jewel once and it could be again with some TLC especially when you are competing with everyone around you.
Gym equipment, broken, patio area under the big tent really dirty come on guys jet wash it.
Do you really have clean carpets at 8am!
Renovate & I will come back until then I stay for a little bit more at 1 of your completion a few miles away.

2  Thank TruthRUS

Reviewed August 12, 2013

on a great location close to all the good stuff . hotel is def. outdated like others have posted .
they are trying their best to change a lot in the rooms . have to give them credit for that . got an outdoor and indoor pool def. a plus .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank surimaribo26
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed at the Lancaster Host "Resort" in August, 2013.

At some point in time this hotel would have been nice. Broken/ancient electronics, light and plumbing fixtures suggest that the right time to stay would have been 1996, when said items were first placed in the rooms (verified by the date of manufacture listed on these items). Other suspect room features include the beds, which double as a means to increase business for local chiropractors.

Upon being assigned a room, I was treated to the thick smell of a certain illegal substance throughout one of the first of three 300-foot hallways I had to walk to get to where I would be staying. Upon opening my door, I found the handle broken so as to allow access without the use of the room key (though to the credit of the staff, this was fixed within 30 minutes of my bringing this to the attention of the staff).

Some items that were not fixed was the shower-head that couldn't deliver enough force to sufficiently spray water past the end of the tub faucet, essentially meaning a closer relationship with the shower wall than one would expect in a police raid was necessary in order to be hit with any kind of water. The water refused to heat up beyond the point of a cup of tea left out in the smoky hallway for 45 minutes.

The sink faucet handle was mostly broken, requiring some kind of dexterity akin to the skills required for playing "Bop It!". After fooling with it for several minutes ("twist it! twirl it! smash it!") I resigned myself to a surprisingly-warm stream of water for brushing my teeth, all the while contemplating taking my next shower under this tap.

I was not attacked by any sort of bed bug or other vile creature during this stay and so I have awarded this hotel an extra star above the 1 it would have otherwise received. I have stayed at worse hotels in my life, but generally when I'm left telling jokes about the amenities I am forced to rate such a place no higher than "poor". At a price well north of $100, I would suggest travelers look elsewhere for accommodation until such a time that this hotel is renovated.

Room Tip: Avoid the breakfast buffet. It's quite poor, even if you receive it for free.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank OriginalOtrex
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stay here several times a year and are always happy with our visit.
The rooms are clean and the the staff is courteous, The outside pool is great during the summer. We eat breakfast at the hotel and the buffet is wonderful as well as ordering off the menu.
The golf course has a two mile walking trail around it which we enjoy.
It is a great place for family groups and reunions. It is centrally located to many attractions.

Room Tip: We enjoy the more expensive groundfloor poolside rooms.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was hesitate to stay here after reading all of the reviews. I stayed here many years ago and loved the resort but was worried that it was in bad shape. Yes, there are areas that need to be updated. The minature golf looked like nobody has used it in many years and it needs a good sweeping and paint. I stayed in one of the outside rooms that did not face the pool. They advertised children activities every day. On the night we were there, it was ice your own cupcakes between 7pm and 9pm. We went at 8:30pm and there was noone there. I asked the desk clerk who said she closed early because there was no children coming. The room was warm when I walked in. I turned the termostat down and soon the room was very cold; I ended up making it warmer and I am one that loves the room to be cool. The room was clean and served its purpose. The kids (ages 9, 7 and 4) loved the play room. They actually spent several hours between the play room and the game room. The outside pool was huge and had a small baby pool area. It also has an indoor pool. They also had a nice size sandbox area but you had to have your own toys. The room included breakfast which was a buffet. The food was standard buffet breakfast - nothing to write home about. Overall, I think this was a very good experience for us.

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool have a better view than the ones facing the parking lot.
3  Thank Joyce C
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We've been going to Lancaster, P.A. for years. We always stay at the Lancaster Host. The pool is primo, the indoor play area is fabulous for your little ones, and the staff is ALWAYS courteous, prompt, and willing to help. If you play golf, I suggest hitting this course. Very nice. I only played 9, but I was very pleased. The rooms are dated but clean and comfy. Plenty of room with 5 people...I know. The breakfast buffet is fantastic! Definitely eat there if you have the chance. Parking is never an issue either. My only real suggestion is ask for a ground floor. No elevator. The hotel only has 3 floors I believe. The location couldn't be better and the price is perfect! Go. Enjoy. Smile.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Pool area was perfect for small children, complete with sandbox area. Movie and s'mores at night. Perfect for traveling to Dutch wonderland. Nice room and restaurant had a nice dinner options. Will visit again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family