“Perfect Family Hotel”

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Family Hotel”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

After our visit to Philadelphia we drove 1 hour to Lancaster, Pa. On our educational trip for the kids we wanted them to learn about the Amish Community. We arrived in town and the kids noticed this big yellow and red slides attached to the building. We immediately pulled into the Budget Host Inn & Suites parking lot and inquired. The hotel was connected to the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark. The hotel had a waterpark package which was a one night stay and 4 passes to the indoor waterpark. We had not planned on spending the night but the kids absolutely wanted to stay the night. We checked into a suite which had plenty of space for all of us. The front desk clerk was very good with directions to the local amish attractions. After seeing the farms we went back to the hotel, changed and went straight to the indoor waterpark. It was a lot of fun. We had never knew about this place but we know now and plan to go back again.

Room Tip: Noticed a sign in lobby that they are adding a fitness/computer center and starting Breakfast Jan...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sheri T
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay in one of our suites, a very popular room amongst traveling families, providing 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
pittsburgh
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

This former howard johnson property was in a downward slope until the past year from reviews. It seems the current owner is taking strides to invest. Having worked in hotels i understand it is costly to upgrade everything at once, so little things here and there help. The rooms have new bedding and what looks like former fairfield inn furniture in th rooms. The furniture recycling is a great idea as it adds a more modern look to this property without breaking the bank on solely furniture. The rooms are clean. The rooms are older, yet clean. The 53 dollar rate is worth what you get. The indoor pool looked nice. I read about the new breakfast coming, and that will be a nice addition. There were few people here which is unfortunate. It is better than comperably priced properties in the area. Every staff member was professional and personable. Kamal was one in note who was nice to talk to. I would stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gburn07
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! As you mentioned, we will be offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. We are also about to open a fitness room and a business center. We have also recently updated our lobby. We are glad to see that you noticed and appreciate our hard work to continue to improve our property. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2013

It's a water park that cost 12 bucks per person per day. It is not very large but in November (or winter for that matter) it worked for us. The hotel staff was very friendly but the rooms were outdated. The bathroom above ours overflowed and "rained" down on us at 7:30 AM. Not the managements fault though. We stayed 2 nights and the hair was not cleaned from the bath tub. Yes it was my hair but I did not want to clean it while being dripped on from above. Our room was connected to another so we could fit 6 of us. That is perfect when you have 4 children under 10 yrs old. The pull out was on it's last leg and the mattresses not so good. They offer free coffee I saw on the last morning along with muffins but there is a Dunkin Donuts in the same parking lot which is where we went the first morning. It was 20 minutes from the Strasburg train PERFECT! An hour from Hershey also PERFECT! The location can't be beat. Not sure if we would stay there again but we had a great time.

Room Tip: room 104/105 right outside pool and water park
4 Thank joyofnyc
PENNSYLVANIA
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My kid and I stayed here with her soccer team of 11-yr olds. Mainly for the water park. Their kids loved it. The water park is pretty impressive. I was thinking a large pool with a couple of slides, but it was big and they were entertained for several hours. The rooms are pretty basic, two queens. But they were clean and comfortable. I would recommend it for a winter stay with kids especially.

4 Thank APCinPA
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your room and stay. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We heard my sister about the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark at the Budget Host Inn & Suites hotel. Upon our arrival we noticed that work was just completing on their new beautiful new lobby. It looked really good. They were hanging their new brass sign on the wall as we checked in. The hotel was an older hotel but it was really clean and smelled great. The waterpark was nice and comfortable even though it was cold outside. The hotel had an indoor heated pool that was pretty big. Across from the hotel was many restaurant and shopping stores. The hotel staff had informed us at check in that soon they were opening up a new fitness room, computer center, and a breakfast room. Seems like they are really improving the hotel.

3 Thank Laury M
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. As you mentioned, we are about to open a fitness room and a business center. We will also begin offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. We have also recently updated our lobby, as you noticed. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Scotts Valley
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly and helpful and made checking in a pleasure. I was given some fairly good suggestions on area attractions which I appreciated.
The $70 room was pretty ordinary but adequate. The facilities could stand some upgrading.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Norvil
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that the staff made your stay a pleasant one. Upgrades that we are working on and are about complete include a fitness room, a business center and a new lobby. We will also begin offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. I am glad to see you were very satisfied with your stay and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is my second time at this hotel this year and I like it even better than the last time. It's clear that the property is far from new but it's also clear that the management is putting a lot of effort into freshening it up. I think the people trashing this property are bothered by tiny things more than I am or have unrealistic expectations for a hotel with "budget" in it's name. Here is what I observed.

Pros: New carpet, paint and wallpaper in the hallways and my room. New bedding including four big, fluffy pillows per bed. The location can't be beat. The staff was super friendly.The price was well within our budget. A breakfast room and fitness center are being built. The water park is great! Not too big, not too small. The lifeguards are friendly. Thick, fluffy towels at the water park. The mattresses are nice and firm, which I like so I slept well. The climate control unit is an older model but still works fine and provides a steady, not too loud, back ground noise which I like when I sleep.

Cons: The water park towels are not allowed to be brought up to your room. The towels in the room are plentiful but thin. No tiny bottles of shampoo, coffee maker or microwave. The TV was an old model that had a slightly fuzzy picture. The night desk clerk and the day desk clerk told me different things about what to do with unused wrist bands that came with the package I bought. Walls are thin.

If old meand bad to you or if you are a very picky traveler, stay some where else, but the price, location and water park keep me coming back and the renovations and cleanliness will make me more excited to return.

3 Thank bg68ec
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. As you mentioned, we are about to open a fitness room and a business center. We will also begin offering a free hot breakfast beginning in early 2014. I'm glad you noticed the new pillows we just got, as well as new blankets. I am glad to see you were very satisfied with your stay and you have noticed the many improvements we have been busy completing. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!