Budget Host Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed October 19, 2013

After we spent two days in Harrisburg, Pa. we wanted to the see the Amish Country in Lancaster, Pa. As we came off the highway the kids saw the Budget Host Inn & Suites hotel on our right hand side. It was the big red and yellow slides coming our of the building that caught our daughter's eyes. We inquired and discovered that they had a waterpark package deal that included 4 passes to the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark and an over night stay in the hotel. I thought is was a good deal so we got registered and went to our room. The room was pretty big compare to our room in Harrisburg. The hotel had large indoor pool, but the indoor waterpark was the best. 4 pools. A wading pool with this big red bucket dumping thousands of gallons of water. The spa with an interesting waterpark, water was nice an hot. Our son loved the alligator crossing using the net that was attached above it. It was very nice, we never knew about this place but will definitely recommend it to our friends. Almost forgot the hotel was only a few blocks away from many 100 outlet stores. and a few miles away from the amish and their farms.

1  Thank Missy G
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water. As you mentioned, we are centrally located to everything in Lancaster and are easily accessible to/from Route 30 via a traffic signal by our hotel. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We checked in at around 6:30 pm and the hotel had misplaced our reservation even though we had confirmed by phone the night before and had a confirmation number. The front desk clerk offered to upgrade us for one night free of charge, but upon turning down the bed we discovered bed bugs crawling l over the pillows. Disgusting!! We left like a shot.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephen H
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit with us. The items that you mentioned have been corrected and steps put in place to ensure they do not happen again. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I hope you will give us another chance to show that we can do better. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

No major complaints. This hotel was cleaner than we expected it to be. Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool was ok. I wish we knew that there was a "package" that included water park admission. Without the package the admission was $12 so we did not do the waterpark. Location is great , right up the road from Dutch Wonderland and only 15 minutes from Cherry Crest Farm. Not the nicest hotel in the world but it was good for the price, clean, and safe.

2  Thank Andrew G
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! As you mentioned, we are centrally located to everything in Lancaster and are easily accessible to/from Route 30 via a traffic signal by our hotel. We do offer a water park package, year round, that includes passes to the water park with your stay. You can refer to our website for more details. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I read reviews saying this hotel had been renovated since their last trip. I can't imagine what it must have been before. I thought it was dark and dreary. The first room I was given smelled like dirty feet. when I tried to call the front desk, the phone didn't work. The plug that goes into the phone was broken. I walked down and asked for a new room. The front desk was pleasant about switching. My next room, had brown water puddles on the floor and brown spots on the side of the tub. I called down and asked to have it cleaned before we returned. The desk sent up someone, who apologized and said they would take are of it. I stated this was unacceptable and I wanted a discount on my room .When I got back, the bathroom had been cleaned.
My mom felt she needed to put a towel on top of the pillow, for her to be able to sleep. I had my own pillow from home. Mom slept with her coat on because she felt uncomfortable using the blanket. We both used only the sheets. The blankets looked old and had holes in them.
We did not see any bugs, thank goodness.
The walls were dingy and paint peeling. The mini fridge had thick ice inside. No shampoo, only a tiny sliver of soap was supplied.The dark bedspreads and curtains did nothing to add to the ambiance of the room.
Another member of our group stated she had some stink bugs on the wall in her room. Another stated the light on the wall kept flickering AFTER it was turn off. She tried to call the front desk at 1 am, but no one answered. She even called her husband at home and told him she was afraid that there was a short and the room might catch fire.Thank goodness it did not. She did mention it to the front desk in the morning.
There was coffee and pastry /muffins on the breakfast table. Only coffee mate packets..no real milk. We did eat at Dunkin Donuts which was right next door.
Our group will not be staying there in the Spring, when we come back to Sight and Sound Theater.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue B
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Reviewed October 12, 2013

On my way back from State College, I stopped over in Lancaster to meet a business associate. The meeting got late and had to spend the night in Lancaster. This hotel was only a block away from my meeting place so checked in. The price was very good. The room was clean and look like it was recently remodeled. There was a big indoor pool compared to the many hotels that I have stayed at in recent years. Very limited breakfast but there was a dunkin donuts drive thru right next to the hotel. Also checked into the big slides sticking out of the building. This hotel was connected to the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark. Park open on the weekends according to the staff. It look like a fun thing for the kids to do during the winter months when it is cold outside. Plan to take my kids up during Thanksgiving.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Marcus N
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! The Caribbean Indoor Water Park is open year round on the weekends. Kids love it and I'm sure your kids will as well! I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were concerned to day at this hotel, because of the mix comments. However we found the hotel clean and great location. Our room had a queen bed with a nice mini refrigerator. There was an iron and board along with a hair dryer also. The hotel had an indoor swimming pool, which was nice to relax since it was a heated pool. The breakfast was limited to coffee, donuts, and muffins; but there was a Mc Donalds and Dunkin Donuts next to the hotel. Sight and Sound theater was about 10 minutes away just past all the outlet malls. I loved the show and heard that next year there is a new show called Moses. We definitely plan to go see that show, the tickets are selling pretty fast according to the ticket lady we talk to that day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe C

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you had a great time at our indoor heated pool. As you mentioned, we are centrally located to everything in Lancaster and are easily accessible to/from Route 30 via a traffic signal by our hotel. We hear that "Moses" at Sight & Sound Theater is going to be a good and popular show next year. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My family and I arrived late, and needed a place to rest. The location was great. Conveniently located near a shopping center and historical sites. The hotel was only a few miles away from the hospital that my mother was admitted. We stay about a week and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Mr. Bannon , the manager, sympathized for our mother and even provided flowers for her after her surgery. Now on when ever we go back to Lancaster we will definitely stay at this hotel just for fact of the good people working there. The hotel did have an indoor pool and an indoor waterpark. It look like fun for familys with kids.

1  Thank Bill M
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that the staff was accomodating to you during your mothers surgery and I hope she has a speedy recovery. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!