“Expensive rate, poor service, impatient staff”

Budget Host Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at the Budget Host Inn on the evening of Saturday, September 28, 2013. Arriving in Lancaster after 5:00 p.m. on a Saturday, and not having a reservation, I had few options. I paid $86.57 with tax.

The service was less than agreeable. The internet worked OK, but little else did. The remote control for the TV had dead batteries. The refrigerator was full of ice, hadn't been defrosted in quite a while. There was no coffee at any time, even in the morning.

But my biggest complaint was the following morning. At about 9:00 a.m., after seeing that there was no coffee, I went to the Wawa convenience store. One of the housekeepers asked if I was leaving. I said yes, but not for another hour or so. I came back a few minutes later to see that she had taken the things from my bed and put them on the floor so she could take the sheets off. Maybe there was a language issue, but she could clearly see that I was not ready to check out yet. There was no reason to move my things so early and I did not appreciate that at all.

The following day I went to the Economy Inn, where I paid the same rate for two nights, and got much better service. (I have written a review for them as well.)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Philip_Wilson
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. We certainly would have liked to have the chance to correct any items you had a concern with during your stay, rather than hearing about them after your check out. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was our 3rd time back to Lancaster. Each time we went back we saw changes at the Budget Host Inn & Suites. The hotel on our last visit upgraded us to their New Suites. The room was very very nice. There was two separate rooms and two bathrooms, as well as 4 Caribbean Waterpark passes were included. What a great deal ! They wanted us to evaluate the room since we were their preferred guest. I give it a 5 star. Great job on the upgrades !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Greg K
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. Our suites are very popular and I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with your room and stay. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was easy to find and only a mile from the Tanger Outlet stores. It was the first hotel right off the highway. The sight and sound theater was only about 3 miles away. Many restaurants next to the hotel. The staff was great with directions to the many things to see in the area. The hotel breakfast was very limited, however there was a Dunkin Donuts and Mc Donalds next door. They had an indoor pool as well as there was an indoor waterpark attached to the hotel. It seem like fun for the next time when we go with our kids. This was just a couple weekend getaway for us. We had a very relaxing getaway and can't wait to go back with the kids over Thanksgiving weekend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Jennifer C
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our indoor pool, which as a reminder, is open year round. I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with your room and stay. We are working on plans to improve our breakfast for next year, so the next time you stay with us, you can look forward to that. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

On our way back from Ocean City, we decided to stop by in Lancaster, Pa. As we pulled off the highway, the kids saw this big slide coming out of the building with a sign Caribbean Indoor Waterpark. We did not have reservation, but decided to take a chance. The hotel had a great waterpark package that included an overnight stay and 4 passes into the waterpark. They had a 2 bedroom family suite room, which had two bathrooms and two queen beds with a sleeper sofa. The room was fantastic.... flat screen tv, coffee maker, iron, iron board, microwave.... The room was only a few doors from the waterpark entrance. The indoor pool was very large and heated, but the indoor waterpark was much better. 4 pools with a big dumping bucket, water basketball, alligator, dolphin, and a big slide. It was the slide the kids saw from the outside. Pretty high for me but the kids loved it. We also did some shopping at the outlet stores. It seem like a nice place to get way for the weekend over the winter months.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Donnie P

Reviewed September 17, 2013

After reading the comment on this hotel, we still booked because of the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark. Our stay was very nice. The hotel was right off the highway, easy to find. We were given a key card that worked for the outside door which stayed locked even after we enter the building. We felt safe and very comfortable with our 3 children. Staff was friendly, especially when we asked for more towels. We booked a suite since there was the 5 of us. The suite had two bathrooms, two flat screen tvs, a microwave, a coffee maker and a sleeper sofa with a business desk and chair. The room looked new. The carpet may need to be replaced soon, but it was clean. The waterpark entrance was just down the hallway from our room. Across from the hotel was Kmart, Burlington, and many restaurants. I must stay great location. The Rockvale Outlets stores were only a few blocks away. We will recommend this hotel and Lancaster to our friends to visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank John T
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. Our suites are very popular and I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with your room and stay. We are currently working to finalize our winter renovation plan, which includes new carpeting. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed with my sister for a weekend shopping on Sept. 7, 2013. We stayed at this hotel because it was close to all the outlet stores. It was a pretty nice place. They had an indoor pool and a indoor waterpark, but there was a charge for the waterpark, so we just used the indoor pool. We had a nice dinner at the Good and Plenty restaurant. Lancaster is so much relaxing with all the farmlands around. A nice time shopping, eating, relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank Jesse M
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our indoor pool, which as a reminder, is open year round. I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with your room and stay. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms were clean and great staff. Pool was great for kids.ware park was fun. My kids are 16 and 13 and still had fun there. For the price its a great deal. Breakfast was chincy but there is a DD right next door. This place was a great location..close to everything.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank lorri1976
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with your room and stay. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!