“Never again”

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Never again”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed with my daughter and 2 young grandchildren on August 17th, 2013 overnight because of the water park. The water in the water park was so cold the 3 year old wanted to only swim in the hot tub. So we decided to leave and go to the (as advertised ) Heated pool. That was even colder than the Water park and in speaking to one of the other guest, he said he complained too and was told the water was 82. I would have liked to see that thermometer. The room was hot and the pillows on the bed were flatter than a pancake. We only went for the waterpark and I paid $149.95 to spend most of the time in a crummy room. I feel we should get a refund because this was not a very pleasant expierence and I wouldn't go back again even if I was given free nights.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. We certainly would have liked to have the chance to correct any items you had a concern with during your stay, rather than hearing about them after your check out. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Anywhere, USA
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night, and that's all I would've stayed anyways. If it weren't for the coupon we had, I wouldn't have paid the rate they were asking. Room was small, with one tiny bed. Tv was fuzzy, soap was the size of an Andes mint.. Was just not worth more than the 49 we paid.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank WhereWillIBeToDay
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
London, Ohio
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked this place online using a AAA discount. Only then did I notice that they have a water park too, but apparently they didn't sell passes by themselves online--you have to get a room-and-park package deal which precludes the AAA discount. No worries for us, as that's not why we were there. From the outside, it appears that the building was an old Howard Johnsons that's been made-over. The room was okay and clean enough. We could not get over the tiny bath soaps in the bathroom. They were small enough to put on the pillow as a mint. Unfortunately, perhaps because of the water park element, there were gangs of preteens wandering the halls and grounds, as their "parents" had them staying in rooms by themselves. Quietly walking down the halls and whispering was obviously a practice not taught them. There were 6 of us occupying a "suite" of 2 adjacent rooms with that middle door open between them. As the cleaning staff did their duty over the next 2 days, they somehow lost track of the towels we would need and we had to trouble the front desk about it. The indoor pool was chilly. The breakfast was simply a wire rack filled with prepackaged danishes and muffins obtained from GFS. The coffee was weak as well and only out during their breakfast time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paul o
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Our suites are very popular and I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with your room and stay. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
altima2008
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly suprised with my stay at the budget inn of Lancaster. I booked this room due to three factors. One the location of the hotel is convenient to the shops and sights, two the hotel has an indoor pool and is connected to the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark and three they offered a family suite with the water park package for a little over $200 dollars with taxes.

The room was pretty clean and comfortable. The sofa bed wasn't the best but wasn't the worst. The indoor pool and convenient access to the water park was very nice. The front desk staff was pretty good.

They have a limited continental breakfast. Coffee, Tea, Sticky buns and muffins are your choices. You have a Wawa, Dunkin Dohnuts and McDonald's within a 2-3 minute walk of the Motel.

Would consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank altima2008
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. Our suites are very popular and I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with your room and stay. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am not one to write a review but I had to for this place. All I have to say is yuck!!
As soon as you walk in the hallway reeks of smoke. Once we opened the door to the room the deodorizer was so strong it made us all cough. You know that is because they are covering up the smoke smell.
When I made the reservation I confirmed with the girl on the phone that there is no smoking since My son is allergic. There were smoke stains on the wall and we pulled the comforter off the beds only to find cigarette burns on every blanket. Are you kidding me????
The mattress was stained and old. You felt the coil in your back as you laid down.
The toilet made this loud screechy sound after you flushed it. Lasted at least 2 minutes.
The only good thing is the carpet was fairly new and it was clean.
This place needs alot of work. I mean ALOT of work.
I would NEVER stay here again. The water park is just not worth the money. It's just ok.
Lastly we all got sick 2 days later to top it off.
Good luck if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Cambrae2
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. We certainly would have liked to have the chance to correct any items you had a concern with during your stay, rather than hearing about them after your check out. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. As you mentioned, we have been very busy this past year doing many improvements to the property, such as new room carpet. We still have more planned for the future. We have had no other compliants about illness, so perhaps your illness was linked to food from a restaurant your family ate at. I look forward to having you stay with us again.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Big waste of money and time - went because of the water park and location being close to home. Maybe I was naïve about the Lancaster area - we'd been to Dutch Wonderland which employs nice, clean cut people and thought it would be the same. This place looks like a prison or old army barracks. Having said that, the hotel room would have quite adequate but it was dirty, ill maintained and everything was of cheap quality. And the entire place reeked of smoke! There were people lurking on the outside entrances. The staff at the front desk were more interested in renting storage lockers than selling their hotel. Not for families - beware,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Paula F
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm not going to lie I was not looking forward to staying here.after all the reviews I read of this hotel I was nervous about staying I checked my room very well before I went into my room I found no signs of bugs on my mattress however I did find a cockroach in the hallway. after checking my room for bugs and not finding any I brought my stuff into the room and went to the front desk to get an iron and ironing board. The front desk staff was very helpful and very nice. The bed in my room was older but still comfortable.even know this hotel has a lot of bad reviews overall I am NOT dissatisfied with my stay.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Dru H
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We have been very busy this past year doing many improvements to the property. We still have more planned for the future. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!