“Family 40 people great time”

Budget Host Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Milford, Delaware
“Family 40 people great time”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Because our family was about 40 people we rented a tour bus to visit Lancaster, Pa. We booked our stay at the Budget Host Inn & Suites for many reasons. The hotel was pretty much close to everything we wanted to see and do. The hotel was very nicely renovated recently and all our rooms were on the 1st floor and close to the building entrance for easy in and out of the hotel and onto the bus. The hotel's indoor pool was large and heated which was nice for evenings at the pool side. The best was the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark. Our group had worked out a great deal with the waterpark and wow it was total fun for everyone. The waterpark arranged for us to have pizza delivered right into the waterpark and on to their 2nd floor seating area. Everyone had the best time of their life.

3 Thank Dawn H
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! As you mentioned, we are centrally located to all the attractions in the area. I'm happy to hear that you and your group had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park located at our hotel. Open all year round, it is especially great during the winter months, since the temperature is kept at a nice and warm 84 degrees. Keep us in mind for your future family group gathering. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The water park was wonderful. The kids had lots of fun and there was enough staff in the pool area for immediate assistance. The only issue is the room we stayed in could use some upgrades including the lobby. Some of the other rooms had the newer televisions. The bed was a little uncomfortable and the rooms were dark. The lobby is very small and at the time of check in, there were two other families checking in at the same time. There wasn't enough room and nowhere to sit. Overall it was okay and we would go back. The hotel needs some tlc inside and out. I can agree with some of the other reviews on the hotels website.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Missingmom
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I'm also happy to hear that you and your family had a good time in the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. We have been very busy this past year doing many improvements to the property. We still have more planned for the future and some items that you mentioned will be addressed. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Front desk people were friendly and accommodating and the room was clean. Everyone needs to realize this is a BUDGET hotel and priced accordingly. If you are looking for frills you should be looking in another price range.

However, the fact that people live in this hotel year round is kind of weird. Although they deny it in their responses there are people who reside in this hotel on a permanent basis. When we arrived a very strange lady smoking a cigarette outside said in a creepy voice "Have a nice stayyyyy". I replied "You too", and she laughed and said "I live here." Besides this odd exchange the hotel room was nice enough and the best value that I was able to find for my friends and I who were going to Jason's Woods Haunted Attraction. If I had kids I would probably splurge for a nicer place. I did not view the waterpark.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank binarycool
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you stated, we are a budget hotel, however we still strive to provide clean accomodations at an affordable price with good customer service. I am glad we were able to meet those three items for you. Thanks for staying with us and I look forward to seeing your during your next stay!
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel has always been our family winter getway for years. On this most recent visit we noticed the renovations of the hallways and guest rooms immediately ! The room had new furniture, chairs, pictures, bed skirts, bed spreads, even a flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator, and a coffee maker. Definately the hotel and room looked great ! The indoor swimming pool was nice and warm. We even purchased the passes to the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark for one of the days. It was very nice and relaxing getway for us all.

3 Thank Rebecca B
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that you have been coming to our hotel for years and have noticed the many improvements we have been busy doing this past year. We have more things planned for the future, so be sure to check them out when you return. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
belfod, nj
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Recently I had to go to Lancaster to attend a seminar. I was looking for a hotel that was close to the Convention Center, affordable, and close to everything. After googling on trip advisor I found the Budget Host Inn & Suites of Lancaster. My room was clean and the rate very affordable. Budget Host definately met my budget. The hotel was about 2 miles from the convention center and close to many restaurants and gas stations. The room was clean and the wifi was very fast. I was able to watch movies on my lap top in the evenings. The hotel had a Caribbean Indoor Waterpark next to them. It seem like a nice place to take the kids for a vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Betty C
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! As you mentioned, we are centrally located to all things in Lancaster, including the convention center. Also, as you mentioned, we have the Caribbean Indoor Water Park attached to our hotel. The water park is open all year round, so be sure to remember us when making vacation plans. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My son just turned 6 and my wife and I were looking for some special way to celebrate it. We heard from a friend about the Budget Host Inn & Suites and the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark. We booked about 2 rooms and got 8 passes and purchased extra two passes which gave us a total of 10 passes to use at the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark. The waterpark staff permitted us to bring our own cake and food. We used about 4 tables they had on the 2nd floor of the waterpark. We suprised our son by having his closest friends enjoy the waterpark with him. He was very happy and definately will remember this birthday forever !! It was worth every penny to see the smile on our son's face.

4 Thank joe t
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also glad to hear that your son and his friends had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park celebrating your son's birthday. The water park is an excellent place to have a birthday celebration. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our stay at the Budget Host Inn & Suites hotel was fantastic. We had booked their waterpark package, which included an overnight stay and 4 passes. We had to purchase one extra pass, because of our 3 kids. Our suite room was very nice and spacious. The microwave in the room was nice to warm up the kids food and milk. The entire staff was very friendly, especially when we requested a crib at the last minute. They were very nice about the whole thing. The waterpark was something out kids will always remember. It was just the right size for our children. We were able to enjoy the good size wading pool which was only 12 inches deep. We even ordered pizza to be delivered to the waterapark. They had plenty of seating on the 2nd floor. Great visit to Lancaster.

Room Tip: The suite rooms includes the waterpark package in their price.