“Sleep in your car...”

Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
South Jersey
“Sleep in your car...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2008

Checkin was easy and the staff friendly, however the room was just gross. The sheets were dirty, the bathroom looked as though it hadn't been cleaned since 1980 and the odor in the room was stale and mildew like. We stayed here on night because we arrived late, but the following morning we checked out and stayed at much cleaner establishment. We were traveling with a little one, thank goodness for the pack-n-play because I would not have placed our child on any surface in this hotel.

• Liked — Check out
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank joker69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Central New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2007

We arrived after midnight. Check in was easy but nothing spectacular. There was a divider between the desk person and myself, which I don't think was necessay.

When we crawled into bed, we found a small spider. No big feal, we were near the woods. Plus I was really tired.

WWoke up the next morning and realized that there was no ironing board or hair dryer. I thought those amentities were standard in rooms nowadays. I guess I should have checked before I booked the room. I'm sure I could have called the front desk but by the time it arrived I would have needed to be on the road.

I wish I booked somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sgoty300

Travelers are raving about these Lancaster hotels

Hightstown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2007

We booked this hotel for a couple of nights to enjoy Amish Country. It is located on Route 30, which does not provide you with any of the same views as the rest of PA Dutch Country.
Check-in was a breeze and our first floor room was available right away. The room was clean and had a decent bed and your typical furnishings. The bathroom was clean, had this odd heat lamp thing, and had some very thread-bare towels. We could not get any better towels during our stay, and the towels for the pool were also thread bare. The bathroom could have used some updating.
We took advantage of the pool. Not many did as the pool setting was not the best, although it did make for a nice swim. We also took advantage of the comedy club one night, which the front desk booked for us. The club had a couple of decent acts but was very smoky.
Check-out was problem free as well.
I wouldn't condemn this hotel but there are better places to stay in Amish Country. Try one of the places run by the Bird-in-Hand folks. If you have to stay at the Rodeway Inn, bring your own towels!

• Liked — Having a first floor room
  • Disliked — bad towels, so-so location
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DSXM
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2006

I was there a while back, because I decided to stay longer and my hotel was sold out. They were the only ones with rooms available, and now I know why. It is probably the worst place I have ever seen. I had the creepy crawlies all night, and couldn't get out fast enough in the morning. I'd rather sleep in my car. The restaurant is okay, nothing great, but not terrible either considering it's italian food in Lancaster. We tend to do dinner there, because we go right into the comedy club after dinner, and we do enjoy their comedy club. Dine there, enjoy the comedy club, but sleep somewhere else.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — don't go there
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank mittmott
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2005

When checking in I was a little leary as the lobby was dark, with one little window with sliding glass. When we went to our room, it was also dark and very outdated. In checking the window (we were first floor facing the woods) we found that not only did the window not shut, but the window lock was broken so the window didn't lock. After requesting a different room, we transferred our belongings and checked the window which did lock. On checking the beds.. they looked as if the sheets had been slept on and the sheets also had blood stains which were a bright red and could not have been laundered. We checked out faster than we checked in !!! Stay away at all costs.

• Stayed November 2005
19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2005

My family is from Lancaster County and I have heard so much about this place being great that I couldn't wait to go. It wasn't what I expected at all... it was even better! Now mind you, I am just talking about the dinning experience and not the inn accommodations. However, if they have the same standards I'm sure that they are just as great. Even if you don't stay here, go for the atmosphere and experience for a fantastic dinner. It is pricy but completely worth it. Delicious food, beautiful dinning room with low lighting candle light, fireplace, tables with linens, an extensive menu, wonderful service and overall beautiful facility. The only think I don't like at a place like this is children. People staying at the inn bring their children to dine there and I'm not a big kid fan at a fancy place like this.

• Stayed January 2005