“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Danville, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

Enjoyed our 2 night stay. Staff was friendly & accomodating. Our room, king suite w/jacuzzi was clean, comfortable, cozy & calm. We stayed there because of the wonderful package deal they had with tickets to the dinner & show @ the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater. This also included wine, chocolates & roses in our room. The theater is behind the hotel. We were able to walk there. Had a great meal @ Loxley's restaurant which is right next to the hotel. We were able to access the restaurant from the hotel without going outside. Hotel is close to the outlets & stores that carry Pa. Dutch & Amish products. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eclecticgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Whippany, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

This place needs to hire new staff! I tried to revise a reservation and was asked how to spell my name 6 times! And my last name only has 6 letters! This has never happened. The person didn't seem to be listening at all and she was whispering to someone else on the other end of the phone. I offered to call back later, but she said "no" and then put me on hold for 3 minutes. When she returned, she could not have been more distracted, rude and uninformed about hotel general information.

If I owned this property, I would fire this person immediately and would certainly want to make customer service improvements. There are a lot of hotels in the area!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank s0ccerm0m003

Travelers are raving about these Lancaster hotels

New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Stayed here twice over weekends to visit the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater. Both times, the halls were overrun with teenagers from sports teams. Camp-outs in the hallways. The (small) outdoor pool packed with people having group gatherings. The price is high considering the location (away from any other Lancaster sights besides the DADT). The rooms have been renovated, and they are clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is nice, if you manage to get vouchers for breakfast with your room rate. The restaurant in the hotel (Loxley's) is a very quaint, upscale restaurant/ outdoor bar that is packed with young people on the weekends, but none of the noise drifts back to the hotel rooms. Would stay again, only for the location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Amanda M
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

My 14 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend for a soccer tournament. At least two soccer teams were staying at this hotel. We arrived on a Friday evening. One clerk was working the front desk. She was trying to check in another family. The phone would ring. She answered and spoke for at least a couple minutes. Every time she hung up it would ring again within a few seconds and she answered. it took forever to get checked in. Once we got our key cards, we got to the room and the keys did not appear to work. We had to try 10 to 15 times and one of the cards finally worked. I asked my daughter to have them check her key. My daughter and another girl who also had problems with her card were at the front desk and the clerk told them "that is the way they work". On the final day, I could not get in to my room at all and went to the front desk. I told them their key card system was very poor. The person who appeared to be the manager said "Our key system is very finnecky and requires patience." This is not only a major inconvenience with the hit or miss to get into the room, but was very much concern about the safety of teenage girls who might not be able to get into their room or people asking the housekeeper to let them into a room because their key would not work. Anyone with kids really needs to think twice about staying here and be prepared to be very inconvenienced. Also the ice machine on the second floor did not work and was not fixed after reporting it. The room was OK but rather old and a little dirty. The bar attached to the hotel has very nice outdoor seating, but they are also quick to tell you that they are not associated with the hotel. My advice is to come visit the bar but you can find much better, safer and friendlier places to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank WillieW55
pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2010

On April 29, 2010 we left Heritage Hotel with 47 very happy people. The hotel was very clean and we all got a good night sleep because it was very quite. There was no traffic noise. The breakfast was very good with a lot of different choices of food. Thank you Lorraine and your staff for a wonderful job.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank eandk821
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed at the hotel overnight after attending the dinner show at the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater. The theater and hotel basically share the same parking lot. I got a fabulous deal at the hotel for the room and show tickets. Amazing value!!! We had no issues at check in (didnt really look around the lobby area as our room was on the other side of the hotel) and they directed us to the side door to enter that took us right near our room. Room was a king bed with desk and mini fridge. I thought the place was very nice, clean and perfect for a night's getaway. I was told the rooms were all recently renovated and its a non smoking hotel, which is a plus for me. They have a small fitness center and I was told there is no morning breakfast but there is always coffee available for the guests. Outlet shopping is also only about 10 minutes away. Overall, we had a wonderful experience and I will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank G A
NY, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

I could not even get someone on the phone to make a reservation. I guess that made it easy for me to avoid any other terrible circumstances. I tried pressing ONE for reservations...nothing, got disconnected. I tried ZERO, nothing just rang and rang for at least 15 rings. Obviously my business was not important enough to answer a call.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple