All reviewsdutch applegreat packageroom was cleanwater pressureoutdoor pooldunkinsupermarketsinkpennsylvaniamicrowave
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Advantages:
The free breakfast was amazing (waffle maker, TV at table, good selection)
Great tree-house restaurant
Easy access with good local amenities (supermarket, fuel, pharmacy)

Disadvantages:
Poor TV choices
Pool uninspiring (in the middle of the car park)
Weird location
Mystery entrance

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank yorkiehannah
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Location was great! Their restaurant Loxleys' was fantastic! I had the ribs and they fell off the bone! Their room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pillows were a little flat. Shower was very strong and lots of hot water! The location of the room (2nd floor by the doors in the back) was a little noisy, but no complaints, especially for the price!

Room Tip: Stay away from the back of the hotel by the outside doors - no noise buffer
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onamor24
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed here for our annual buddies golf trip. After reading some of the reviews of the hotel, I was a little nervous. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. All 12 of us checked in without a problem after playing our afternoon round a half hour a way in Honey Brook. The rooms were nice and comfortable with 2 queen beds, a small fridge, nice HD tv and bathroom. There was a wedding staying at the hotel as well, never heard any noise that others have complained about. Loxley's was great for breakfast and dinner. Also was a great meeting place for everyone in the group. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank rockland_ta
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My fiancee and I stayed at the Heritage Hotel to go to the Renaissance Faire in August of 2011. I was surprised to see how big the hotel was when we pulled in. Because of it's size and odd layout, we had a little difficulty finding the front desk and getting around the hotel.
The front desk staff was very courteous-- even after we called several times asking about questions. The room was very nice- we only had one disturbing problem. We saw a (clean) diaper behind the bed frame. Other than that, the room's tv was nice and it was easy to keep the room at the desired temperature. My fiancee manages a different hotel and noticed on the room's door that this hotel used to be a Best Western.

The pool is outside, fenced in in the middle of the parking lot. It's about medium size and there is also a 1 ft. deep kiddie pool.

For dinner, we did a quick websearch and found the Columbia Diner about 7 minutes down the road. The dinner there was good for a diner and very reasonably priced. If you have more expensive tastes, there is a somewhat fancy restaurant attached to the hotel with a bar. The breakfast at the hotel was somewhat awkward. It is held in the adjacent restaurant. When we were there, most of the tables were full and there were servers coming around taking orders from people (I assume) who had come to the restaurant for breakfast apart from staying at the hotel. The breakfast food was very good for a hotel continental breakfast.

The PA Renaissance Faire was about a 30 minute back roads drive but we had no problem with traffic.

For anyone who is not familiar with PA's liquor laws, we found out that beer and hard liquor cannot be sold in the same store in PA. Therefore, we had a little bit of trouble finding a store that sold spirits instead of just beer.

Overall, the hotel was a very nice stay and far enough away from Lancaster to be away from the traffic and busyness. However, it's close enough to be in downtown Lancaster in 15 minutes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank manchester88
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I was a little put off by the outside of the hotel, but my room was incredibly nice. The room was very large, and it was very nicely appointed. The room and the bathroom were incredibly clean. My bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was a good size, and had lots of thick towels. The hotel also offers free Wi-FI.

I was skeptical when I pulled to the back of the hotel to go to my room, but when I got to my room, I was very pleased. I would definitely stay here again.

The Heritage is close to several places to eat, such as a Bob Evans, a McDonalds, and a Friendly's. A grocery store and a pharmacy are in the shopping center next door.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends