“My fav for any occasion!”
Review of John J. Jeffries

John J. Jeffries
Reserve with OpenTable
John J. Jeffries is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 591 Restaurants in Lancaster
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mullberry St.
Description: During renovations, workers found in the floor beams a signed inspection stamp--November 5, 1890--with the name of tobacco inspector John J. Jeffries. We named the restaurant after him. We’ve designed our menu based on local, seasonal, sustainable and organic agriculture and delicious recipes. Please join us and taste the difference of local farm-to-table sustainable cuisine in one of Lancaster's best fine dining restaurants. As the Chefs and Owners of John J Jeffries, we believe you will find our passion for supporting local businesses and preserving the land we live on, to be contagiously obvious in how we run our restaurant. All of our meats are raised locally, confinement-free on fresh green grass pastures. No hormones, antibiotics, steroids or forced-fertilization occurs. Our produce is local organic or chemical free. We use local grass fed cream, butter and eggs. We also provide sustainable seafood and support sustainable fisheries.
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Although my absolute favorite is to sit casualy at the bar with a friend or two and have a drink and a couple small plates - such a comfortable bar to eat at and very friendly & knowledgeable bartenders. I'm so glad this place is here!

Reviewed July 1, 2009

I've been 3 times, and have had wonderful food and experiences. However, I consider this a special occasion place. It is very much 'fine dining', but I wouldn't call it snobby. I did have a server one time that had a bit of a condescending air about him, but he didn't provide poor service. I have always enjoyed the food, and consider myself quite picky. This is the place that I always recommend for a special night out.

Reviewed June 30, 2009

What a great meal. Service was very good. Recommend sitting outside on the Terrace.

Reviewed June 26, 2009

We were staying at the Lancaster Arts hotel for a Christmas getaway and decided to try John J. Jeffries. I love the organic menu and local products, but honestly, thought it was overpriced. The food was good, but not spectacular, and it's quie pricey. The atmosphere is pretentious, though our server was very friendly. Nothing really wrong here... but I'm not sure I'd go back.

1  Thank Nduffy2
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Walk into a great looking lobby, stone and brick, and interesting art work. Ambience is warm. Ser5vice attentive and friiendly. Food GREAT, We had chicken, moist and flavorful, and a steak salad. large and tasty. Desserts rocked. Rubard crisp wqas exceptional.
Price for two $100. I thought it was wort every penny.