“Very good in all respects”
Review of John J. Jeffries

John J. Jeffries
Reserve with OpenTable
John J. Jeffries is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 593 Restaurants in Lancaster
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mullberry St.
Description: During renovations, workers found in the floor beams a signed inspection stamp--November 5, 1890--with the name of tobacco inspector John J. Jeffries. We named the restaurant after him. We’ve designed our menu based on local, seasonal, sustainable and organic agriculture and delicious recipes. Please join us and taste the difference of local farm-to-table sustainable cuisine in one of Lancaster's best fine dining restaurants. As the Chefs and Owners of John J Jeffries, we believe you will find our passion for supporting local businesses and preserving the land we live on, to be contagiously obvious in how we run our restaurant. All of our meats are raised locally, confinement-free on fresh green grass pastures. No hormones, antibiotics, steroids or forced-fertilization occurs. Our produce is local organic or chemical free. We use local grass fed cream, butter and eggs. We also provide sustainable seafood and support sustainable fisheries.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have no idea what strange series of events might have prompted a previous poor review. I have eaten here on several occasions, includinG tonight, and have always found the staff to be competent, helpful and friendly. The food is always very good and the staff efficient. There is always an interesting to each entree and I enjoyed fish, beef, lamb and chicken on different occasions. You can go here in confidence of a good meal!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Lancaster for the weekend and after reading the reviews for John j. Jeffries we decided to give it a try. I eat mostly organic and local foods so they were a great choice.
Everything we ate here was phenomenal! My husband had the pump, leek and bacon soup and it was amazing...I had the beet and pumpkin salad also delicious....
Meals we had salmon and the chicken dish and again everything was outstanding...including the service.
We will definitely be back if ever in the area again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a superb restaurant with an amazing menu. Local meats and produce combined in exceptional and unusual ways. A real foodie paradise! When you've had your fill of "all you can eat" Pennsylvania Dutch buffets come here for REAL food!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Crispy Bork Belly Love is probably the best thing I have ever eaten. Period. I would drive way out of my way just to come eat this appetizer. Matter of fact, I might go back tomorrow and order it for app, entree and desert. It is that good. It is served on a johny cake which is lightly drizzled in maple syrup. This by itself was excellent. On top of they johny cake is this delicious, melt in your mouth, cruchy on the outside, thick piece of pork belly, fried to perfection. Words can not adequately describe the amazing combination of sweet and salty goodness that was in each bite. An absolute must try if any where in the area of Lancaster. Steak tartar was also very good. The servers were excellent, the ambiance is excellent for a romantic dinner. I will definitely be gong back.

1  Thank wallyk2334
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our most favorite place for special celebrations, great food, wonderful presentation, excellent service, fresh/local foods whenever possible- can't say enough great things about this place.

1  Thank Helen B