John J. Jeffries
Reserve with OpenTable
John J. Jeffries is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 593 Restaurants in Lancaster
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mullberry St.
Description: During renovations, workers found in the floor beams a signed inspection stamp--November 5, 1890--with the name of tobacco inspector John J. Jeffries. We named the restaurant after him. We’ve designed our menu based on local, seasonal, sustainable and organic agriculture and delicious recipes. Please join us and taste the difference of local farm-to-table sustainable cuisine in one of Lancaster's best fine dining restaurants. As the Chefs and Owners of John J Jeffries, we believe you will find our passion for supporting local businesses and preserving the land we live on, to be contagiously obvious in how we run our restaurant. All of our meats are raised locally, confinement-free on fresh green grass pastures. No hormones, antibiotics, steroids or forced-fertilization occurs. Our produce is local organic or chemical free. We use local grass fed cream, butter and eggs. We also provide sustainable seafood and support sustainable fisheries.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Crispy Bork Belly Love is probably the best thing I have ever eaten. Period. I would drive way out of my way just to come eat this appetizer. Matter of fact, I might go back tomorrow and order it for app, entree and desert. It is that good. It is served on a johny cake which is lightly drizzled in maple syrup. This by itself was excellent. On top of they johny cake is this delicious, melt in your mouth, cruchy on the outside, thick piece of pork belly, fried to perfection. Words can not adequately describe the amazing combination of sweet and salty goodness that was in each bite. An absolute must try if any where in the area of Lancaster. Steak tartar was also very good. The servers were excellent, the ambiance is excellent for a romantic dinner. I will definitely be gong back.

1  Thank wallyk2334

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our most favorite place for special celebrations, great food, wonderful presentation, excellent service, fresh/local foods whenever possible- can't say enough great things about this place.

1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The food here is consistently excellent. All local and always something inventive and unique. I've eaten here probably a dozen times and it never disappoints. You'll never see one of those food service delivery trucks pulling up in front of this place.

1  Thank birdmcfarland
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We decided to try this 'Lancaster County Chic' restaurant because I had received a gift certificate. The food was mediocre at best. The ambiance was highly disappointing. The staff was the worst. Here's a tip to the hotel management: TRAIN YOUR STAFF.
We will never again return.

4  Thank groovyguru
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The scallops in the bacon and potato chowder dish was amazing. I went out on a limb ordering that because I don't love scallops but I LOVED this dish. They no longer have that dish though due to the change in season and locally available ingredients. We also had the "steak" which ended up being a braised beef (I believe they serve different cuts of meat on a daily basis). It was delicious. All of the vegetables that accompanied our dishes complemented the main ingredients so well. Our sever was very knowlegable and he took his time explaining the menu. He suggested two very nice wines. Service was quick but we didn't feel rushed. The Earl Grey creme brulee for dessert was very good as well. Not inexpensive but one of my new favorite restaurants.

1  Thank StretchyandBigP