“Great New Years Eve service and wonderful food”

Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 572 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College Avenue
PA
“Great New Years Eve service and wonderful food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had reservations for eight people new years eve. Half of us arrived a little early and were seated immediately. Our server took our drink order while we waited for the rest of our party.
She greeted the others when they arrived and then took care of their drink order. The menu has a nice selection of dishes. The food was delicious and we all agreed next new years dinner would be at Iron Hill Brewery.

Barking, Pennsylvania, United States
“A Sure Thing”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had some friends visiting from out of town and wanted to bring them somewhere where we knew the atmosphere would be comfortable and food and service would be good. This is a great place for a drink and a meal with friends. Always 100%!

• Visited January 2014
Flemington
“Great for a group”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is our second visit to Iron Hill...were in town for a soccer tournament and had a large group. The staff could not have been more accommodating. With such a large group, there were a variety of tastes and everyone was well satisfied. The bartender even whipped up a special cocktail since I like to try a restaurant's "signature cocktail". The food was delicious and those who had the beer samplers greatly enjoyed them. We will be back next time there is a tournament.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Eat the Food, Skip the Beer”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

As large as this place is, it is always busy. If you were to take this as a sign of quality you would be correct. The menu is extensive and the servers know how to move people in and out, especially when you have young children. The funny thing is that most of the beer is not very good. I do not know why, but much of the beer has a very strong hops flavor. No problem - the food is great.

TIP: If you really want a beer, first get the beer sampler. You get to try small glasses of 8 different things.

PA
“Above Average - A Sure Pick!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have been wanting to try Iron Hill for some time and went out went with friends on a Saturday evening. Must make reservations. I did; but it almost didn't work out. The reservation I made for 5 was taken and I received a call on the afternoon before the reservation to confirm my party of 5 was scheduled at 7 pm. We all arrived together at 6:48 pm and were told our reservation was cancelled because we failed to show up at 6:45. I politely told the young lady that there must me some mistake since I was called earlier in the day and was confirmed for 7 pm for a party of 5. They even asked if I preferred a table or a booth. The young lady stated that there was so such record of a call and I would have to wait. A manager was called and our reservation was honored and we were seated in 5 minutes even though Iron Hill was packed. The service was above average for such a large crowd. We ordered several different beers and an appetizer. One of our friend ordered the beer sampler; 9 different beers, all very different and good. I ordered the Louisiana Chicken Gumbo; Wow, this was great. I would come back just for this anytime. Others ordered the chicken pot pie which was excellent. In our party of 5, 4 meals arrived at the same time in a decent amount of time. My meal was somehow missing, the 4 people that already had their meals, politely waited to eat, patiently waiting until the final meal arrived. After a few minutes I told them to eat. A manager arrived a few minutes later to apologize for the missing meal, she stated that the meal was not up to quality standard and another would arrive in a few minutes. She even offered me a free beer while I waited. Very professional, I did appreciate it. My meat loaf arrived shortly and it was also very good. All in all, there were a few glitches in the evening but it was handled quickly and professional by management; something you do not always experience. Our evening at Iron Hill was a very nice experience. We will return because the food and beer are above average and management was exceptional. Please keep in mind to make reservations and that Iron Hill is very crowded and a little loud on weekends. Also, the "free" beer I received was free and was noted on the final bill; just another gesture that Iron Hill is a class act.