“excellent waitstaff for a family with 3 kids”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #38 of 567 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Lynchburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent waitstaff for a family with 3 kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our server was WONDERFUL. We arrived tired, hungry, with 3 active toddlers. Our food was brought out almost immediately and was excellent as always - we had a variety of dishes from the menu but I also highly recommend the blackberry sangria! My 2 year old ate the entire kids pizza after a long day at the pool.

Visited March 2013

Greentown, Pennsylvania
“Love the Bread & Pasta..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

great selections of pasta, sun-dried tomatoes are yummy, love the Cannoli.. nothing like Italian bread to dip in oil & bitter herbs!

Visited February 2013
York, PA
“Pleasantly surprised.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Carrabba’s has been described as “a step above Olive Garden”. I believe it is a few steps up. My husband and I went after 8pm on a Thursday so it was almost empty. This particular location is on the smaller size so at prime time on the weekends, I imagine it gets crowded quickly. The atmosphere is warm and inviting; lots of wood with a dark ceiling and flooring.

My husband ordered blackberry sangria to start. After one sip, I quickly ordered one for myself. I recommend getting the glass and a half size. For appetizers, we ordered the fried calamari and bacon & caramelized onion flatbread. The calamari was tender and the breading nicely spiced. There is a good amount of pepper in the breading, but it’s not overwhelming. It is accompanied with a lemon wedge and a yummy tomato based dipping sauce with herbs and spices. The flatbread was a delightful surprise. The caramelized onions were very sweet and pair wonderfully with the bacon. I’m not an onion lover and I would definitely order this dish again.

I had an Italian salad – nice variety of dark greens; and my husband had the Mama Mandola’s Sicilian Chicken soup. The soup had big chunks of chicken in a rich, flavorful broth along with diatolini pasta. Although my salad was good, I wished I had ordered the soup instead.

Bread was presented with a plate of olive oil and spices. This was the only weak point of the meal. The waiter delivered the bread warm and wrapped up in a basket – nice! Next, he took a plate with their herb and spice mix on it and added olive oil. Although he thoroughly explained everything, my initial reaction was this: The stuff on the plate looked like someone had emptied the vacuum cleaner! After he added the olive oil it looked better and edible. The bread itself, although warm, was too spongy and Wonderbread-ish. Overall, the entire bread experience didn’t hurt the meal, but it wasn’t worth all the trouble. Carraba’s should do bread more like The Macaroni Grill. They bring a loaf of herb-infused bread and a simple plate of olive oil and balsamic vinegar – perfect!

On our waiter’s very strong recommendation, I had the Forever Braised Beef Brasato. Slow-roasted beef in a red wine vegetable sauce over orzo pasta. Three words – GET THIS DISH! I pulled the beef apart with my fork it was so tender. The vegetable sauce is finely diced veggies that are cooked until tender and it goes perfectly with the beef and orzo. This is a seasonal dish so get it while you can.

My husband had the lasagna which we both agreed was quite good. The blend of cheeses is great with the ricotta being nice and firm. The noodles are el dente as they should be and the sauce just brings everything together. My husband would have preferred a bit more meat in this dish, but I thought it was wonderful as served. The desserts looked good, but we had no room for anything more.

Carraba’s is definitely worth the trip. Service was very good and we were happy with prices- 3 drinks, 2 appetizers, and 2 dinners for $75.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jennliner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Service is Great, Food not so much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My friends and I came here for my birthday and the wait time wasn't that long, which was nice. The menu was alright but because I have sensitive palate, there weren't many menu options I could choose from. The food got there fast though & I enjoyed my birthday dessert.

• Visited January 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great Food, Atmosphere & Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We celebrated my son's birthday here. There was a little confusion with our call-ahead but the hostesses took care of us quickly once we noted the glitch. True to form the bread was warm and fresh. Tyler E was an excellent and attentive server. I ordered the rigatoni special and took at least half home with me. All the meals were A+ w/the cavatappi a B- (?over cooked). Carrabba's has never dissapointed us - thank you!!!

• Visited October 2012