“Dangerous, Agressive Bouncers. BEWARE”

Annie Bailey's Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Annie Bailey's Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 567 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Just a few steps from the newly built Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, you'll find Annie Bailey's Traditional Irish Pub & Restaurant. It is Lancaster's only authentic irish pub and one of the favorite dining destinations in the county. Annie Bailey's is a pub for all ages and has become a staple in downtown Lancaster. We have created an atmosphere that you can meet here for Happy Hour with your co-workers and also bring your family in for dinner on a Saturday evening or Brunch on a Sunday afternoon. The menu offers the traditional Irish Fare as well some modern American cuisine. Our extensive beer selection has earned awards in the county and you'll find some great whiskeys on our shelves. The Pub is modeled in the Victorian Dublin style, which complements the Victorian-era building built in 1890 in which it is housed. This Lancaster landmark was previously occupied by the famous men's clothing store of Sayers, Scheid & Sweeton. The pub was constructed in Carrick on Suir, Co. Waterford and then shipped to Lancaster where it was assembled.
Lancaster, PA
“Dangerous, Agressive Bouncers. BEWARE”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I do not understand why AB's has such a great reputation. The food is average at best and very expensive for the quality. The beer selection is quite good, but other establishments have better selection and less of a "bar scene" vibe. That's the good part.
The bouncers there are extremely aggressive, not trained and looking to fight with patrons. BEWARE! They have no problem throwing patrons onto the street without their belongings, late at night, for absolutely no good reason. There is no curb side taxi service in Lancaster - even if there was, if you have no money or cell phone you're on your own.
The place is criminal.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Dutch1Girl

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
“Prelude to a Ghost Tour”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great club scene. We were a group of 27, and we were seated in the rear in a small dining niche overlooking a patio area. We found on street meter parking and a nearby parking garage with ample parking. On this Friday evening, we found a very warm and friendly atmosphere attended by many after work employees from this downtown area. We enjoyed a very nice dinner, prompt friendly service and good bar food. A, then, a short drive to Rockford Plantation for a ghost tour of a home built before the revolutionary war by a General in the Continental Army. We actually saw a GHOST, or did we?

• Visited October 2012
Boyertown PA
“Good Beer!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very nice atmosphere. Waitress was great. Bartenders very friendly. Great selection of beer. Food was average. I thought the menu was small and pricey. I had the fish and chips. The fish was fried mush. Not good at all. I would recommend going to Annie Baileys for drinks only.

• Visited November 2012
Vienna, VA
“Irish vibe and beer with American bar food”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Awesome Irish pub atmosphere though most of the menu is good old American bar food. This is a popular, local gathering place.

Atmosphere: the authentic Irish bar, the abundant wood paneling, the worn plank floors, and the very high ceilings add up to a great casual setting and a warm, relaxed mood. The roomy patio in back is great when the weather is nice. The bar has music on some nights including the occasional Irish music.

Food: Having visited many pubs across the country claiming to be Irish (coincidentally one of the most authentic is in South Bend, IN), I was disappointed in the Irish food offerings that were more English than Irish. The food on its merit is good bar fare without wowing, but on the other hand pubs do not cater to foodies. Lunch prices are more in the $10-15 range with dinner entrees getting pricey with many selections in the low to mid $20 range. Going with small plates (appetizers) or the pub menu can help manage your wallet to better sample the wide selection of beers.

Drink: Guiness, Smithwicks and Harp checks off the standards for an Irish pub. An extensive list of brews should satisfy just about any beer drinker. The selection of Irish whiskeys and Scotch is good but not extensive. The wine list is an adequate mid-range selection.

Service: good (more adequate than exceptional)

• Visited December 2011
Pennsylvania
“Best Irish Pub in the states”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We drove 45 minutes to check out this place on a whim. We stopped in on a week day at lunch time. Our first experience with parking was a little troubling. There are kiosks on the street where you put in your space number and pay. The 2 in that block were broken. No worries, I had to walk an extra block.

As soon as we walked in we noticed 2 things. The place was huge and clean. The place is older and has an old wooden charm as well as a nice fireplace going.

For starters I had an IPA (I know it's an Irish bar why am I drinking an IPA) and the 5 onion soup. The soup was outstanding. My wife who is not a beer drinker noticed how fresh and good the Guinness tasted. My beer tasted excellent as well. The bar obviously takes pride in their tap system and makes sure it is clean.

For lunch I had the shepherd's pie which was excellent. My wife had the bangers and mash and loved it.

I redeemed myself and had a Guinness while my wife ordered a dessert drink, a ginger something. She stated that it was one of her favorite drinks ever. For dessert we split the bread pudding. All that i have to say about that is "WOW!"

Service was insanely fast for lunch. I don't know about the speed of dinner but lunch was almost too fast.

I must say that this is the nicest Irish Restaurant that I have been to in the US.

If you're in the area and want excellent Irish food or an excellent fresh pint- stop at this place and you"ll be very happy.

1 Thank HB92397