“Overall very good”

Lancaster Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 567 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We cook like we brew...craftsmanship and quality in every detail. From our housemade sausage and cured meats, to locally made cheeses, fresh dough, on-site garden, hand-cut fries and signature burger grind, there's no substitute for fresh, natural ingredients. Fortunate to be located in the heart of Lancaster County, among some of the richest farmland in the world, we're committed to fresh, local and sustainably grown products. Our menu changes often to take advantage of the seasons, and to utilize the fresh produce, dairy, poultry, cheeses and meats produced on the 5,300+ independent, family farms in Lancaster County. Our obsession for brewing great beer is matched by our passion for great, natural food, so we source our produce and meats from local Lancaster County farmers and prepare virtually everything on our menus from scratch. We smoke our pork, grind our sausage and hand-cut our fries. Check Out Our Updated Menu Here as We change it Several Times throughout the year
Rochester, New York, United States
“Overall very good”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

While visiting our son and his wife in Lancaster, PA, we took them and their two children (7 & 9) to dinner at the Lancaster Brewing Company. Overall, it was a good experience. We had a reservation and our table was ready upon our arrival. The waiter was friendly, kind to the children, and knowledgeable, giving us excellent recommendations. The service was quick. The food was very good. However, there was one large negative. Upon our arrival, there was a line to the hostess' desk that stretched into the bar area. In the bar, close to our end of the line, a couple was playing an arcade came that highlighted long guns and the killing of animals. The children were horrified. I was disgusted. Not appropriate for a restaurant that serves children.

Decatur, Alabama
“Outstanding wings, great beer sampler!!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stopped by with our daughter and son in law who live in this area. Early evening- no problem getting seated. Very friendly, competent waitress, who was very quick and apologetic to correct a problem with an order. The beer sampler ( 15 of the micro brews) was perfect for out table. My husband, who does not compliment easily, said the hot wings were awesome. Large, meaty, great sauce. Great experience.

• Visited July 2013
new york
“Best Crab Cakes from Inland PA”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was our first visit to the Lancaster Brewing Company and won't be our last! We were in Lancaster and were checking our various local restaurants on line, when we came across the Lancaster Brewing Company's menu! We found a number of items on the entensive menu that sounds so good that we decided this was the place for dinner! I have to say that parking was an issue. They have a small parking lot behind the establishment, but that was full when we attempted to go to dinner at 6 p.m. There is some parking on the street that the restaurant faces, and that is where we found a spot after going around the block (many one-way streets) a couple of times. Anyway, our meal was well worth the parking issue. They have a new outside area for dining, which was lovely, but we chose to sit inside. The restaurant is a two-story building. The beer vats are on the ground floor and the restaurant is on the second. The old, authentic building is so very cool! I hesitate to order crab cakes when I am away from the shoreline, but went for it! They were the BEST I HAVE EVER HAD, and we just returned from Cape Cod where I had a crab cake at a seaside fish market! There were two crab cakes, a mound of delicious mashed potatoes, and great local vegetables! I would highly recommend this restaurant. The food is AMAZING! The atmosphere can get a little noisey because of the acoustics of the building and the bar is to the left when you walk into the establishment. But, it is a fun, local and historical building and you shouldn't miss it if every in downtown Lancaster, PA.

Long Branch, New Jersey
“Great Brew,Great Food.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Arrived approximately 12:45 PM on a Thursday to take a 1:00 PM brewery tour. Told by the staff that the brewmaster was delayed on an errand, and that he should be back to conduct the tour in about 20-30 minutes. We decided to order a few beers and some lunch. I ordered a Shoo Fly Porter and a beer braised bratwurst. The Shoo Fly Porter was full bodied as a porter should be, but did not have a bitter after taste like a lot of porters do. You could definitely taste the gentle hint of molasses. Not overpowering but subtle enough to give it a malty sweetness. It complemented the bratwurst well. My wife, who is not a big beer drinker, opted for the Strawberry Wheat beer and paired that with a Lamb Burger. She was most impressed by the subtle strawberry flavor and the way it complemented the moist, delicious flavor of the Lamb Burger. Shortly after we finished our meals, Bill, the Brewmaster, came by our table and gave us a personal tour of the brewery.

3 Thank Dennis S
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Neat Building and Good food”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I went there for lunch on September 9, 2013. It was just after they opened so it wasnt busy for early lunch on a Monday. I had the brat sandwich and it was very good and a large portion. My wife had a chicken sandwhich which she also enjoyed. Waitress was good except we didnt see her much when we were done eating and I think an owner/manager came over and helped us. Since the waitress wasnt too busy I saw her trying to do the "cups game" from Pitch Perfect as I came back from the restroom. Not that I minded but I wish she would have returned sooner to check on us.
Neat building and you can see the original exposed wood floors and look down and see them brewing their beers. I did not try their beers during this visit.

1 Thank Chuck B