“Beer-drinker's Paradise...”

Ranked #5 of 586 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We cook like we brew...craftsmanship and quality in every detail. From our housemade sausage and cured meats, to locally made cheeses, fresh dough, on-site garden, hand-cut fries and signature burger grind, there's no substitute for fresh, natural ingredients. Fortunate to be located in the heart of Lancaster County, among some of the richest farmland in the world, we're committed to fresh, local and sustainably grown products. Our menu changes often to take advantage of the seasons, and to utilize the fresh produce, dairy, poultry, cheeses and meats produced on the 5,300+ independent, family farms in Lancaster County. Our obsession for brewing great beer is matched by our passion for great, natural food, so we source our produce and meats from local Lancaster County farmers and prepare virtually everything on our menus from scratch. We smoke our pork, grind our sausage and hand-cut our fries. Check Out Our Updated Menu Here as We change it Several Times throughout the year
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

...but not so much for the rest of us. The food was okay, the wine list was okay, the atmosphere was warehouse-chic and loud, parking lot was tiny and prices were on the high side. Wasn't awful; wasn't wonderful; was just okay!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I would recommend this to beer lovers and non-drinkers alike. I got the sampler platter of beer, but found most of it was not my particular preference, though I could tell that it was good beer. The service was great and the food was outstanding and reasonably priced. I would definitely return.

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

The pretzel appetizer with the dipping sauce was the best part of the meal. We ordered the Oktoberfest sausage meal and found all the homemade sausages very bland. Same with potato salad, bland and spaetzl, bland and greasy. I suggest go for beer and apps and go for dinner somewhere else.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Anyplace that serves 14 beers on their sampler wants you to try their beers. The staff was amazingly friendly and attentive, which I didn't expect. The crowd was talkative and helped us pick our dinner spot. I only sat at the bar, where we shared a pub grub quality lamb burger. The beers ran the gamut of styles with a few conciliatory fruit and light styles. Its really amazing how many different beers can be made from the same basic group of malts, yeast and only a few (mostly German) hop styles. If this happens to be on your way between two points, its worth a stop.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Perhaps we were there on an 'off' night, but I was really surprised by the poor service when we were there last. We stood around for several minutes until the hostess seated (or even acknowledged) us, Then 15 minutes at least went by before any server ever showed up at our table to take drink orders. Service was very slow, but it didn't seem that busy. We've been here on several occasions. Food and beer are always great. The lamb burger is one of the best things on the menu in my opinion. My husband and I ordered different beers, but got the same. By that time, we were both too tired to care.
What I found most interesting, though, was how others (managers?) walked around seemingly oblivious to the fact that there were several tables just not being waited on ( such as people waiting to pay their bill. One couple even got up and went to the register with the bill in hand because they were tired of waiting).
So, maybe it was an off night. We will definitely go back and give it another try.