“Lots of cheap food”

Star Buffett
Ranked #329 of 591 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My friend took me here only because she had a discount ticket otherwise I would not go there. It was a mixture of Asian cuisine none of them very good. The deserts were not good and my friend got sick from it.

2  Thank JMT131

Reviewed March 4, 2014

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a chinese buffet here in Lancaster, PA. I note very little difference in quality from one to the next. The food is average to slightly above average; far less than what you would get at a sit-down restaurant. The won ton soup is salty and the wontons themselves are deconstructed in the big vat in which they were held. Spring rolls were average. Highlights were the honey chicken and the grilled chicken. There are many other Chinese staples offered but none are particularly noteworthy. The staff that struggle to keep the food fresh and available for the buffet customers are borderline rude, cutting you off and reaching in front of you without so much as an excuse me. Would I go back? On the right day... maybe. Over all, Star Buffet gets a C+.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Have been here 2 x & the second time we were disappointed. The buffet food was ok, nothing spectacular. The Mongolian grill was ok but some of the meat looked a little funky, like it was sitting around for a while. I avoided that. It was crowded & very noisy & there was food on the floor. The workers were not very friendly. Kids were running around unsupervised too. The price was pretty fair but you get what you pay for. May not go back again.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

but my daughter loves Chinese buffets and this one is her favorite. She really likes the honey chicken and the lo mein.

1  Thank Chantelle D
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I must say I have been to every buffet in Lancaster and some in York. Again this one for lunch I had a 10% off coupon and with a drink it was not even $7. The selection for that price was great! Some things were standard tasting, but some were Great!! and having steamed clams, teriyaki chicken on a stick, stuffed mushrooms, etc.. And some were really Great tasting!!

Also the Mongolian BBQ you can pick (and sushi offering)--all you eat of this also for under $7 (with a drink for lunch--I MUST give that 5 stars!!!

ALSO they service at this place was THE BEST EVER (being all they have to do is pick up a plate, and get me another drink)---my plate Never lasted a minute on my table AND when I was only halfway done my drink a waitress was always there asking me for another...

Only complaint is I would had had an ice cream machine (not one you have to scoop out yourself)---but everything was clean and well cooked (even some things maybe cooked more than you might find elsewhere---but that is better than being undercooked..

I had about 20 items there (after trying everything) that were all Excellent!!

So price, service, cleanliness (overall value)--you cannot beat this experience for under $7!!!!

but I cannot stress the service I got there I had not gotten that attention at Buffets that were 4 times that (like at Millers Buffet)-----I like my soda ready to go and old plates ready to go also...

-also the clams and fried dumplings also had already been sauced (with a seasoning) so they were really tasty!!! for someone trying those items for the first time they would have LOVED them..

also they had this pork (salt and pepper) dish that tasted like I was at a Malaysian restaurant (with pepper spice)---so that was really good (if you like peppery dishes)----

but all this for under $7 cannot be beat for that price.....

it also was not crowded when I was there (but I can see some of the seats being a bit crowded if it were full..)

2  Thank timmy b