“Exquisite in every way”

Reserve a Table
Thu, 6/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #2 of 19 Dessert in Lancaster
Description: French inspired bistro menu with an emphasis on classical French flavors and influences with some every day casual American fare and a modern Bakery with elevated classical French pastries.french casual bistro with french bakery it will take you from Paris to Pa Never before has Lancaster been home to a contemporary French bistro with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Barberet Bistro & Bakery will transport you to the chic patisseries of Paris with its modern take on classically delicious desserts. French cuisine Relish the classically French options on our menu. From the everyday favorites like Quiche Lorraine and Croque Monsieur, to the specialty dinner options of Foie Gras, Tartare, or Bouillabaisse, we provide you an rich, authentically inspired cuisine. Bistro closed Sunday & Monday bakery closed Monday
Reviewed February 13, 2017

This has to be one of the best French pastry shops in the US. Everything is exquisitely crafted and delicious. The macarons have a devoted following, but the eclairs, chocolate tarts, and fruit tarts are not to be missed.

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank dcindy

Reviewed February 4, 2017

My wife and I visited Bistro Barberet while shopping in downtown Lancaster PA and were extremely pleased with every aspect of our experience. Excellent service and menu selection. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank LancDynamicDuo
Reviewed January 23, 2017

My wife and I wanted to try some of the new restaurants in Lancaster but couldn't get a reservation till after 9. Thus we visited Bareret which was not busy at all. Our experience was not as positive as my first review. The hostess was not very pleasant and the maitre de never visited our table to see if we were enjoying our drinks/dinners. The waiter was very nice however but the food was not as good as our first visit. The bakery saved the evening but I am not sure we will return.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed January 14, 2017

We are new to the Lancaster area and booked this restaurant on Open Table. I commented on the bread and was told it was flown in from France. Make sure to take a pastry home for breakfast. We will take friends here soon. We already booked it for dinner before a concert at Fulton Theater. We have eaten in the DC , Central Virginia area in fine restaurants...this one is on our Open Table list for sure.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank VirginiaKay
Reviewed January 14, 2017

Ok I have now tried this restaurant several times, and am thrilled to write about this lovely restaurant and bakery.

From the service, to the atmosphere and food I have been delighted each time I have dined at Bistro Barberet. The bakery in the front thrilled me with the delightful, beautiful baked goods from the start. Need a quick, delicious gift, pick up a perfectly packaged sweet.

Then pass through the bakery to a lofty beautiful dining room in the back. Last week I enjoyed a perfect lunch of salad and salmon. The Caesar Salad with exquisite and the salmon was perfectly cooked, skin was crisp and delicious while the interior was nice and rare, as per request. I believe this was the most perfectly cooked salmon I have ever had.

Past dinners of bouillabaisse and tartars are fond memories. My husband even delighted in his liver and onions, the best he has had.

I look forward to a return. If I find inconsistencies with a restaurant I get frustrated and give up. It breaks my heart to waste money on food that is poor. I won't do it if I can help it. Bistro Barberet has been consistent in high quality everything, for each visit. Makes dining out a perfect delight.

Date of visit: January 2017