“Great value.”

Smoketown Diner
Ranked #337 of 600 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very reasonable prices. Good home cooking. Great Fried Chicken. Irregular hours. Call First. Not a tourist place. Small quaint and for the locals.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

It's a little tough to find a restaurant for breakfast on Sunday in this neck of the woods. Alot of the local spots are closed on Sundays and that causes the chains to be packed. We tried two places with waits over 30 min and then remembered this diner from our travels on Saturday. Its not very big, but we didn't wait at all. I had a yummy veggie omelette, pumpkin pancakes were the special and the grits were homemade. Price was right. Waitress was a little snippy, but she was hustling so tried to overlook the attitude. We'll go back.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was here a month ago, and I came back again. Sometimes they have a musician in on Friday and Saturday nights from 6-8 pm. His name is Darrin Pirkle and he plays nice acoustic guitar music. He was out of town on my visit this time. Very friendly waitresses, and the specials are always good. It was snowing hard and they stayed open, when other places closed early. I got there 630 pm on a Saturday night, and all of the other customers were leaving when I was getting served. I was in town for a snowy weekend, so i ended up eating here for 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners. I even wrote a poem about the place the last time I was there in November.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

One waitress served the whole dining area: about 20 tables- she was friendly and didn't stop moving. Quaint little place with ok food.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i were shopping all day and were looking for some place to have dinner and didn't want to try one of the large "tourist restaurant " so we tried the Smoketown Diner. We found the service to be quick and friendly. My wife ordered the cheese steak sub which was average at best. I ordered the barbecue pork cheese burger which also was ok. The burger was overcooked and lacked seasoning. Next trip to Amish country we will try someplace else

1  Thank WesP793