“Really, really like this place”
Review of Smoketown Diner

Smoketown Diner
Ranked #277 of 586 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I stopped by here the last time we were in Lancaster and looked forward to going back during our most recent visit. We were glad we did. The night we went, there was a gentleman there playing guitar which was great. The waitress took our drink orders and brought us crackers and spreadable cheese to much on. I ordered NE clam chowder and a hot roast beef sandwich. My husband had the fried chicken. My soup took awhile because they were just making a new batch. That was ok, because when it came out it was very good. I liked my sandwich, and my husband liked the chicken, but the pieces were very small. The waitress was very friendly and efficient, even though it was just her and another waitress for the place. We would definitely go back next time we're in the Lancaster area!

1  Thank DVCMama

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Our New Hampshire friends and we (from Tennessee) are so thankful that we traveled to Smoketown and stopped at this diner. The food is really good and the staff is so friendly. The prices are so reasonable, and the service is exceptional. It was well worth the trip for us. If you want food served in a big hurry, go to McDonalds. Good things come to those who wait. Well worth the wait!

1  Thank haled73
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have been here often (always for breakfast) and never been disappointed. There may only be one server on but she does a great job getting things out on time and keeping the coffee flowing.

1  Thank kcompoundsouth
Reviewed July 21, 2012

What a great place to eat! Don't let the sign outside fool you, This place is a diamond in the rough. Great food for really reasonable prices. The kitchen is small, and usually has one exceptional cook, so if you want dinner fast, then you're looking for a place that starts with Mc and ends in Donalds. Relax, BYOB, and enjoy the atmosphere and the locals. Guitar music most Fridays, and Saturdays by Darren is a wonderful touch, and the waitresses are mad friendly, as are the owners, Dee and Sandy. Breakfast, and lunch specials all day long. What more can you ask for? Give them a try and you'll be hooked. SMOKETOWN ROCKS!

2  Thank llbjoe
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was our last stop before heading out of Lancaster. I had not tried scrapple at this point and we decided to try this diner. I ordered a side of scrapple (crispy and fried) and some toast. I made my meal into a sandwich. The waitress asked if I wanted any syrup or ketchup. I had it with some ketchup and really enjoyed my sandwich. My friend saw grits on the menu and ordered it. She certainly was not expecting it on the menu but was very happy to see it. The waitress said they had only recently put it on the menu as customers had been asking for it. My friend thought the grits were very good.