“This place is closed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“This place is closed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

darn this was a very great place, hopefully old customers will
go to the Noodle King, 216 N. Duke Street
they have done the best AUTHENTIC Pho from the north of Vietnam

Visited November 2012
1 Thank murphey88

Coronado
“not polished but outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Loved the food here. Authentic and not dumbed down for Lancastrians' bland palates. I think they have the best pho in the area.

Visited August 2012
Williamsport, PA
“There are better ones in Lancaster area.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

It's a very little restaurant located at N Prince ST, Lancaster PA. I am amazed how many Vietnamese restaurants around Lancaster. I visited another Vietnamese restaurant called Rice and Noodle before, it was pretty good, the Pho tested like the ones in Chinatown. I saw Pho Thanh Thuy had pretty good reviews on Yelp, so I decided to give it a try.

We went there in the late afternoon. We were the first group of customers. The owner was there, you could tell she is real Vietnamese, so we could expect more authentic food. I ordered my all time favorite fresh spring rolls and special Pho( the one has everything inside).

Fresh spring rolls were about $3.75 for two. They were OK. Not as good as the ones I had before. To be honest, you could make your own fresh spring rolls at home, very easy and very low cost. I used make bunch of them in summer time when I had mint grew in my garden.

The everything Pho was $8. Compare with the Pho you could get from Philly or Boston for cheaper price, it was a lot smaller, it felt like the small size there. But we got lots of Asian basil, bean sprouts and limes to put in our soup, very generous portion of this. My beef was totally cooked in my Pho (it got chewy), and I prefer my beef is medium cooked like other places does. As everything Pho, it didn't have enough other stuff such as meatballs, tripe etc. Meatball didn't test too good either. The broth was very good, but a little bit too salty for me ( I ate salty stuff all the time).

BTW, this place is Cash only. So if you don't use cash often, bring cash with you when you come here.

Overall, I feel Rice and Noodle has better potion of the Pho than this place. The taste of the broth, both are good. But if I will have Pho in Lancaster, PA, I would go back to Rice and Noodle. Or I will try some other places in town.

• Visited March 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“authentic PHO just like in Ho Chi Minh City...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

In and out of Vietnam several times, when I want the taste of Vietnam here in Lancaster, I get my pho and spring rolls at Pho Thanh Thuy. A simple, narrow restaurant just like the restaurants in the Pham Ngu Lao neighborhood in Ho Chi Minh City. Making pho takes time to prepare the broth so that it is flavorful. Pho Thanh takes the time and the soup is sublime. And don't forget to have the coffee after your meal.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Blue Ball, Pennsylvania
“so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

if you are in Lancaster and you want Thai food...skip this place and go to Rice & Noodles instead. the staff here was unkind, unhelpful, and irritated. it's in a so-so section of town and parking is a real pain.

Visited February 2011