“Nice food, good ambiance, fun night out!”
Review of Sakura

Sakura
Ranked #62 of 622 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Took my wife here for Valentine's Day. When I was able to get a reservation for 6PM less than 24 hours beforehand, I was a little worried. But when we got there, the restaurant was pleasantly busy and only got fuller as the night went on.

You could tell that the waitstaff was a bit overwhelmed. It didn't seem that they had a real system, as we were attended to by three different people through the evening. We also got our entrees while we were eating our appetizers, while the table next to us had to wait 20-30 minutes for their entree after they had finished their appetizer. Obviously some miscommunication going on.

But the food was very good. I had the eel and my wife had the honey walnut shrimp. Both were excellent. I had miso and my wife had vegetable dumplings for appetizers, also excellent. Green tea to drink was the best green tea I've ever had. Total bill was $43.

We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Normally, I don't review places near the esposa's and my casa de love. But what a culinary experience we had here last night! We went to Sakura, which calls itself an "Asian-fusion" restaurant, after we perused the menu from their basic webpage. There were so many vegetarian options, plus so many different types of dishes, Sushi, Thai, Chinese, and so on, that we figured we'd just have to give it a try.

Great decision! Family-owned, nicely decorated, warm and inviting booths with a subdued bar in the back. I wanted to try the Thai, so I ordered the peanut saute with red onions and tofu and brown rice for an entree, and while it was good, it was a little on the non-spicy/non-flavorful side. That was my fault. I was being safe on my first order, and I should have added in sprouts and broccoli and a lot of heat. My Appetizer, the vegetarian sushi roll, called like a wildflower or something like that, was exquisite! The esposa loves sushi, and she said it was the best vegetarian sushi she had ever eaten. She had a very large-portioned salad, which we split. Again: very very good! The food came out quickly, and the wait-staff was very pleasant and helpful. I'm going to guess and say it's a couple that runs the place with a mother, who's the boss, cooking out back. The esposa had salmon over greens in a tangy hot and sour sauce, which she generally doesn't like. This time she loved it. What a discovery. We will definitely be back, and we would recommend Sakura over any other Asian place in Lancaster.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Lancaster has fancier sushi places, and larger sushi places. Sakura has the best food, and the friendliest service. If you like oysters, they have Kumamotos. And their wine list is improving. Actually not just a sushi bar--they have a wide selection of other Asian dishes. We tried a shrimp curry soup last night and were delighted. You might want to know Sakura has the imprimatur of Tim Carr who has our favorite Lancaster restaurant; we frequently see him at Sakura's sushi bar.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stopped at this small Japanese restaurant to get out of a rain storm and had some delicious soup, sushi and hot tea. Small but cozy.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great service. Helpful to new comers. Patient with children. Food is always excellent. Sometimes a little slow to bring a check...not a problem...time to relax.