“Why no breakfast?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conestoga Restaurant

Conestoga Restaurant
Ranked #82 of 567 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lancaster
“Why no breakfast?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a disappointment! Until this restaurant had to close last September because of a flood and a fire, their deck was, by far, our favorite place to have breakfast. (My husband and I usually eat lunch and dinner at home.) Unfortunately, they will no longer be serving breakfast. I was so looking forward to their re-opening. Since the deck season is just about over for the year, I will just have to wait and see what they do in the spring. I'm sure we will eventually go there, but that deck was the big draw. They usually had a good crowd for breakfast on the deck, especially on the weekends, so I can't imagine what their business reason was for cutting it out. (These are the same people who tried to run the Akron Restaurant, remember.) I wish them success, but am very disappointed in them.

Visited October 2012

“Great job, guys!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I ate at the Conestoga last night for the first time since its reopening (two weeks ago) after the flood and fire. It's everything that was great about the restaurant before plus a beautiful new space. The menu looks to me like it might be expanded a bit, but the old standbys are still there (the famous meatloaf stack and the Brisketnator!). I tried one of their pizzas for the first time last night and it was absolutely delicious. Our server, Reuben, was new, but was extremely personable and eager to please. The remodel has worked wonders. Previously we ate at the Conestoga mainly in the summer when we could enjoy the wonderful deck with the beautiful landscaping along the river, but didn't often go during the winter, as the interior was rather dingy. No more! The interior now has a spacious, more upscale, but comfortable feel - really nice job. That great deck is still there and all the tables have new tops - no more holey vinyl coverings! We'll be going back often, summer AND winter now.

• Visited October 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great Place Great Food - Loved by Locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great place! Love this place for everything from Sunday Brunch to Late night beers and drinks with friends. Love sitting out on the patio by the Conestoga! I am anxiously awaiting for the renovations to be complete! Really miss having the ability to just call up my friends and say meet me at the Stoga...

• Visited June 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great Food Along a Great Landscape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Delicious food and sitting on the patio with the landscape of the River is great. When it reopens ill be going again.

NJ
“Family friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Good food at reasonable prices. Good ambiance. I go often.

• Visited August 2011