Spruce Lane Lodge & Cottages
$179
Hotels.com
$92
ComfortInn
The Hotel Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$123
$116
  • Breakfast included
$139
Hampton.com
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$120
$159
$89
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$85
All reviewssmall airportsmall airstripceiling fanthe hot air balloonsbring your own hair dryercathedral ceilingtable and two chairscoffee potprivate entrancewood beamsturkey chililarge bathroomthis past weekendplace to staywi fiwatch tvamish country
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We needed an overnight place. It was a bit challenging to find, but we used GPS and arrived safely. They left a key for our late arrival. The room was like a nice,not elaborate, very large hotel room. The bedding and everything was clean. The futon needed replacing or recovered. The mattress was a bit hard. The bathroom was clean and large. There is a nice porch and pretty area surrounding this place. Very little noise. The deli next door was great for breakfast. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not sure but they all seemed nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deborah B
Cheryl T, Manager at Spruce Lane Lodge & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed here too many times to name, and have never been disappointed. In fact, they're beginning to feel like family. Whenever I go to the American Music Theatre or just shopping I stay there because it is convenient, clean, reasonable, and away from the awful traffic on Rt. 30. Luckily I've been to that area so much I know the back roads to I can take them to avoid all the hustle and bustle in the surrounding area. As everyone knows by now their prices are reasonable, the rooms are large, and most of all you have your own privacy which is important to me. I am 78 yrs. young with 10 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren, but I still get away just to see the beauty of the area where everyone is so darn nice.

Room Tip: Cottages on the far end are the newest with 2 beds.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our scout troop stayed here while they visited the Strasburg RR and loved it. The rooms were cozy and warm when our group arrived and the staff could not have been nicer. Even though there was not a kitchen to cook inside, we set up a tent and was convenient right outside the door.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were in the area for Day Out with Thomas at the Strasburg Railroad. We rented one of the cottages. We were very pleased with it. The area was quiet. Felt like a small residential neighborhood. Each cottage looks like a small house on the outside, but inside it's like a large hotel room. Basic amenities, all of which were fine. I liked that we could open up the windows and let fresh air in. It was late summer when we went so the weather was perfect for that. There is a small airfield behind the property but we never noticed any noise from it unless we were outside, and my son enjoyed watching the planes. So no complaints there! The hotel grounds were lovely. Very peaceful to take a walk. Location was great! Close to major restaurants, outlets and of course the railroad. Staff was friendly and check in was easy. We will definitely return to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I took another weekend trip to Lancaster area and once again decided to spend our money on having fun rather than on a fancy room. However, we really PREFER these cottages! Much more private than a hotel room or B&B, especially on the off season when the other side of the cottage will probably be empty (duplex cottages). The main room is very bright, spacious and clean with a mini-fridge and microwave. There is a table with 2 chairs by the alcove window. There is a futon that has seen better days, but its okay. There is lots of light with pleated shades to open/close at your discretion. There is a cathedral ceiling with overhead beams and gable windows for light. The bathroom is clean and bright. It looks like it has recently been renovated with tub and shower enclosures. I like that the sink area is in a separate room from tub and toilet area. The coffee pot is on the large sink vanity, which is fine with me since it is OUTSIDE the bathroom. There is a small closet with rod, shelf and door. The bed is comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I like that the cottages are off the main highway and set back from the street, so much nicer, yet the location is close to everything. I hate to give a good review, because I want there to be a vacancy the next time we call, but truth be told, this place is a really nice clean place to stay without breaking the bank. We will return.

Room Tip: Pay a few dollars extra to get a cottage instead of the lodge -- more room and more privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple