“Lite fare with a flair”
Review of Sugarplums and Tea

Sugarplums and Tea
Ranked #110 of 611 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Great little soups and sandwiches. Everything is made fresh. Beautiful cakes and Pastries. All found here.

I think I made my boyfriend accompany me here because I love tea, but I was happy with our lite fare, too. He wasn't full at the end of the meal, but I thought the portions were perfect. This cozy, cute hideaway is not super expensive; it's around the same price as a Panera, but the food is not prepackaged.

Hot chocolate was delicious. The tea was splendid. Great for a relaxing lunch with a good friend.

2  Thank jrpetri

Reviewed June 17, 2009

The bakery items and tea are very good, but the real hidden treasure of this place is the tea room menu. I recommend the "trio of savories"--a choice of three chef specialties plus a salad and a pot of tea. On our visit, the savories included a Hawaiian chicken salad, a yummy slider, and a quiche.

The tea room is a very comfortable--a light and bright space and there's a porch room that is perfect for groups. Service is friendly. They are open for lunch and early dinner. They have a very large selection of teas and tea-making accessories for sale.

4  Thank ChapmanAIA
Reviewed March 14, 2009

What a wonderful outing with friends and family. But...they have moved, here is their new address:
Sugar Plums and Tea - 403 Bank Barn Lane, Lancaster, PA 17602 - [--]
They are now located in an old barn that has been beautifully updated. Their food is amazing. My girlfriends and I love to go for "HighTea". But you can get sandwiches, soups and salads also. Try it...you just may get addicted!

4  Thank Beth M
Reviewed October 10, 2007

Lancaster is truly one of my favorite places to visit, and on my last visit (Columbus Weekend) my husband and I were shopping at Rockvale Outlet Mall and decided we needed to find a place to stop in and take a bite. A sales clerk recommended that we try Sugarplums and Tea, and we did. We had a most amazing experience.
The store has a wonderful tea room located at the back, where patrons can relax browse the menu, which allows you choose from a wide variety of teas with sandwiches and an assortment of desserts. The ambiance in this room was calming, peaceful, relaxing and absolutely beautiful.
The front of the store was more like a coffee/tea shop, and patrons are able to go to the tea counter and choose from a wide variety of teas. The lady who works at the counter was very happy to give some ideas, and no problem, she'll also let you experience the wonderful scents as well (kinda like being at a perfume counter).

After my sandwich and tea, I headed for the front to purchase some teas. No one could have told me that I would have this much fun shopping for tea. I purchased 6 different kinds and have been drinking them morning and nighttime.

The sad thing about all of this, is that the store will be closing it's doors at the end of October. I guess the same goes for 'Little Me' and a few other stores which will have to close their doors because of rent hikes. It's such a pity.
I hope that the internet store will still be available for me to shop from. I still can't figure out which is my favorite, it just depends on which scent appeal to my mood (at the time).

3  Thank NativeNYorker