“Poor visibility and insufficient parking....won't go there again.”

American Music Theatre
Ranked #2 of 71 things to do in Lancaster
More attraction details
Owner description: American Music Theatre is the only theatre of its kind in the country that features both touring concerts and Original Shows. This 1,600-seat theatre hosts more than 300 live performances a year – from Broadway tours to rock legends to famous comedians to today’s hottest acts. Since its debut in 1997, they’ve welcomed Grammy winners, CMA winners, Tony winners, and even Oscar winners to their stage. They’ve also featured some of the most talented musicians, vocalists, and dancers in the nation in their own Original Shows. No other theatre in the region offers a wider variety of performances, year in and year out. Take the opportunity to catch a show in the comfort of one of the most premier venues on the East Coast for live entertainment.
Paoli, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Poor visibility and insufficient parking....won't go there again.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The building looks nice from the outside, but unless you can get seats right up front (or maybe the balcony), it stinks. The floor isn't pitched enough, and my friends and I couldn't see the stage over the heads of people in front of us. The large screens are angled so much, they weren't very useful.

The show was apparently sold out, and there was not enough parking in the theatre's lot. So you have to park over in a shopping center across the street and walk over.

2 Thank debster_c_55

Wilmington, Delaware
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Show”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I attended the Frankie Valli show with friends. We had very good seats. The acoustics were excellent. The sow was awesome. Frankie is one of our favorite entertainers. The back-up singers were very good and an additional treat.

Visited July 2013
york, pa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“not a bad seat in the house--except the 1st couple of rows”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Went to see Foreigner and it was great! The seats were comfortable and I didn't feel squished at all. The acoustics were amazing---no echo. We were seated in row P but as I looked around, there didn't appear to have any really bad seats--except the first couple of rows. Some people left their seats and stood in front of the stage and in front of the poor people in the first couple of rows. Glad I didn't have a front row seat because I wouldn't have seen a thing. I'm looking forward to the next concert at this theatre!

Maryland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Kristen Chenoweth Concert”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place is beautiful, the sound and the closeness to the stage is great. It has to be the best place to see big name artists. I don't think there is a bad seat in there. they also put on their own shows, that I've seem and the are great shows too.
I know a lot of people were upset that because of the ice storm the concert wasn't cancelled, and no refunds were given. But their site does state basically if the artist can get there will be no refunds.
Only disappointment was due to the amount of snow , their parking lot filled up really quickly, and we had to park across the street, That made it a little dark and dangerous and icy crossing a busy road.

New York
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“It's no Radio City Christmas Show”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have seen the show before and have been disappointed, but since the show was all new, decided to give it another try. It was fine, but I did not like the music selection or interpretation. Production involved a lot of children and I felt a little overwhelmed with all the chaos.

Visited December 2013