“Different drummer for Christmas Show”

American Music Theatre
Ranked #2 of 71 things to do in Lancaster
More attraction details
Owner description: American Music Theatre is the only theatre of its kind in the country that features both touring concerts and Original Shows. This 1,600-seat theatre hosts more than 300 live performances a year – from Broadway tours to rock legends to famous comedians to today’s hottest acts. Since its debut in 1997, they’ve welcomed Grammy winners, CMA winners, Tony winners, and even Oscar winners to their stage. They’ve also featured some of the most talented musicians, vocalists, and dancers in the nation in their own Original Shows. No other theatre in the region offers a wider variety of performances, year in and year out. Take the opportunity to catch a show in the comfort of one of the most premier venues on the East Coast for live entertainment.
Lancaster, PA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Different drummer for Christmas Show”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

After 13 years as a Lancaster resident, I went finally to the AMT for this past Christmas show at about $42/person. Parking was a logistical puzzle, both coming and going, in spite of all the parking attendants. And traffic backed up because there is always those inconsiderate cars that stop, ignoring the attendants prodding to move on--- because it is all about them, to drop off or pick up people, whenever they want. If it is good weather, and I ever go again, I would probably park across the street at the mall or at the Target's shopping center, and walk to the theatre as I saw others do. Before the show, I was able to shop and get something to drink fairly easily in the lobby. The Theatre is glamorous in its own right, good seats and sound. As far as the Christams show, I enjoyed many of the individual songs/voices. But unlike others here at the AMTs Tripadvisor review, I found the overall Christmas show, a jumbled montage of songs and loosely-connected sub plots. I expected an over-riding sacred or profane messaging of joy, celebration, anticipation, maybe even spiritual magic; so, as I was trying to make sense of the disconnected-vignettes, I was shocked to see, in the second act, a seemingly Easter symbol of the **sacrificial**cross materialize and hang-around, and no matter how white the cross was or how prescient Mother Mary was,its looming large to my distraction. At that moment, the show’s suffering became evermore evident. I understand from friends that the Christmas show is basically the same, year in and out; and some people love it, but I could not envision paying the $$ and sitting through this show again. I may try other AMT offerings, because the Theatre has so many positives.

Visited December 2012

Yonkers, New York
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 192 helpful votes
“a wonderful theater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

we have been coming to this theater for quite a number of years now.....it started with the Christmas show-which we come to see every year.....and then grew to all the others. The theater is large but not so large that you feel overwhelmed. all the seats are great....the sound is great....the bathrooms are large and clean....the snack stand has a good selection of different goodies! everyone who works here for the parking lot attendants to the ushers to the food vendors are all patient, helpful and pleasant. they have so many different artists coming to perform that there is always something you definitely want to see. the theater is welcoming for us as well as our children and grandchildren-and we have brought them all! from little ones to teens to us! this is wonderful

Brick, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“All seats good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Large but feels intimate, seats comfortable with generous leg room. Nice selection of offerings. Traffic exiting after events somewhat disorganized.

Hammonton, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I just went to see Celtic Woman at the AMT. Is was a great show. The theater was clean and comfortable. There was plenty of leg room between the rows. We look forwarding to seeing more shows there.

Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Celtic Woman”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We are fans and enjoy the music........and the theatre is spacious and comfortable. the seating is great lots of leg room. Free parking.