“Twenty minutes between courses”
Review of The Waterfront

The Waterfront
Ranked #124 of 670 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2018

We decided to eat here based on the outside seating. First mistake. As the sun sets bring a flashlight because it gets pretty dark along the waterfront edge of the patio. As for the meal, the fried mozzarella was bland, the lettuce wraps were not enough to be considered an entree. The crab cake was okay. The bread was borderline stale, the fries were unevenly salted so some were over salted while others had none. It was a form of roulette to eat them. Without exaggeration, I timed it, it was 20 minutes between completing one course and receiving the next, including trying to get the check.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank DMSMD64

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Our family ate here and it was horrible, we had 5 ppl and not one meals was good, the flies were horrible, the serves was bad, food was the worst, and yet we so looked forward to going out together as a family, how disappointing is it when you plan something special and it turns out to be a bomb......horrible food would not recommend this restaurant to anyone...

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is currently closed however trip advisor shows that they are open, their website shows they are open and the website even allows you to make dinner reservations. Amazingly when we arrive and find out it's closed until April. Update your website!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Sorry to say that I haven't been here at more normal times but it's an excellent place to stop by later at night. The super friendly staff such as Shannon might even find you something tasty to eat when the kitchen is officially closed. This place has a long and very interesting history and I hope to visit it more often.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank ItsNotMyFault
Reviewed October 27, 2017

I would like to start by saying that we have been to The Waterfront a few times and enjoyed our meals. This past time however, was horrific and we will not return. We went this past Saturday with a group of friends. Not only were we happy to take them there but having read some of the reviews they were happy to try it. We had an 8 o'clock reservation. There were a few people sitting at tables but mostly it was people at the bar watching the football game. The few times we've been there the place was very busy, just not this time. Our waitress (although very nice) was slow getting to us considering how empty the restaurant was. We noticed the menu had changed since the last time we were there a few months ago. We really didn't think too much about it because since it's on the water we thought Fall was the slow season and that was the reason for the menu change. Slim pickens. We all settled for something we didn't want but were willing to try. There were 6 of us and 4 of the 6 meals were incorrect. They were either flat out wrong or missing some ingredients. I ordered a wedge Caesar salad. No wedge, just a regular salad. Salad is NOT a big deal. I ate it and waited for my main course. When the entrees came my friends ordered a pasta dish which was missing some of the things listed on the menu. Although the waitress did try to make it "right" the dish wasn't the same. She brought out microwaved ingredients for them to add to their dish. I know she said the chef was "sauteeing" them in the back but it was pretty obvious they were thrown in the microwave. She never offered to bring them in the back. Instead she brought out little dishes with the missing ingredients so they just tossed them in themselves. I was SUPPOSED to get the Lobster with Saffron Risotto but what I got was a tasteless meal. I left most of it behind to be thrown away. I would have complained but the waitress only came out when the dishes first arrived and then when she gave us our check. She saw my plate was full but never bothered to notice or ask if there was a problem. It wasn't until later that night that I realized there was no saffron on the risotto which would have made it flavorful. Not to mention the fact that for the small amount I ate, I got sick later that night and into the following morning. How could you mess up 4 meals? Apparently the "chef" needs to be reacquainted with the menu. So knowing that there are far more better restaurants in Lancaster than this one, we have opted to not return. It wasn't just the bad food this time around, it was everything else that accompanied it. It was a huge disappointment for my friends that were excited about trying it and an embarrassment for us because not only did we tell how much they were going to like it but they also picked up the check.

Date of visit: October 2017