“Weekend Getaway”

Lancaster Arts Hotel
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel after touring the Lancaster Brewing Co. We had a great time. Our room was clean and large, the atmosphere of the whole hotel is very contemporary. The resturant next door, John J. Jefferies, is great too!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank darbygirl7

Reviewed September 21, 2010

My husband and I were in Lancaster for a wedding and decided to make a long weekend out of the trip. Staying at this hotel was a great decision that made our weekend even better. The staff was extremely friendly, the rooms were clean and modern, and the breakfast (included in room cost) was delicious.

Also be sure to try the in-house restaurant, John J. Jeffries!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sberninger
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I had eaten at the John J Jeffries restaurant (which is wonderful) last December and was captivated by the hotel lobby's blend of warm brick and cool art, so I decided to stay there for my most recent trip. Everything about the hotel exceeded my expectations, from the welcome I received at check-in, to the super-comfortable bed, to breakfast on the terrace (included in your room rate), to the hallways lined with work by local artists, to the red rose and chocolates on my pillow each night. Some might find certain things a bit pretentious--calling the front desk "Inspiration Desk," for example, but for such a self-consciously stylish hotel the Lancaster Arts is also relaxed and comfortable. And there are perks I've never encountered elsewherel: free bicycles, and free taxis within 5 miles. Having a first-class restaurant is another plus, but there are a few other restaurants within walking distance, and even more close by, so you have plenty of choice. I've stayed in several hotels and B and Bs in the Lancaster area and this is definitely my favorite. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank willowsong
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I had a very nice stay here. Newly done over hotel, with fresh large rooms, nice bathrooms. Very nice breakfast. Not a conventional business hotel, far better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank travelmomdoc
Reviewed September 18, 2010

A pleasant experience all around. Would return again to this lovely place.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BaruchAdam
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This is my first trip to Lancaster and we decided to come here reading great reviews. If this is one of the best places to stay in Lancaster I'm afraid of what other places are out there to stay.

At first glance the place was nice and then we noticed a dirty shot glass on the table. Ok so they made a mistake and left it there fine. A couple hours turn down service arrived and we said we would be out in 10 minutes. We came back to find our beds messy as we left them and a rose with two chocolates sitting on the messy beds. Not sure what turn down service means now. That night settled down and realized that the bar was right underneath us. we could here the sub going until 12 along with people walking around upstairs on the wood floor. the next morning we left for the day and came back to only replaced towels and the bed made. the coffee was not replenished and glasses were not put away.

But that waw not the worse part. I woke up at 3 in the morning smelling sewer and a loud truck beeping and then begin pumping the sewer and grease. We complained and they apologized saying that they tell the company not to come in the middle of the night. Who does this??? I hated this Hotel.

do not come here!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Drmr32
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We were looking for someplace nice for an overnight getaway - close to the outets for school shopping and were intrigued by the Lancaster Arts Hotel website. The hotel, staff, amenities, art, attention to detail - we can't say enough good things about our stay. We were upgraded to a suite due to availability and the room was gorgeous, quiet and suited our every need. The staff was helpful and friendly and the complimentary breakfast in the morning was perfect. We also found a great restaurant just a couple of blocks away with good wine. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pete60811
Travelers also viewed these Lancaster hotels
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
Cork Factory Hotel
Cork Factory Hotel
#18 of 40 in Lancaster
Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#5 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster Arts Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lancaster Arts Hotel

Address: 300 Harrisburg Ave, Lancaster, PA 17603-2938
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Lancaster County > Lancaster
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Price Range: $174 - $242 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Lancaster Arts Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TravelClick, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lancaster Arts Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.