“Wonderful Luxury in Lancaster!”

Lancaster Arts Hotel
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed August 23, 2008

The Lancaster Arts in a newly renovated hotel in the far end of the city. Don't be discouraged by the neighborhood and exterior. This is a beautiful hotel in every way. There is plenty of parking in an underground garage. They have a nice bar and restaurant in the building although we didn't go to them. Next door there are more restaurants. When you come in the lobby it is filled with original artwork and furnishings. Check-in was a breeze, and they upgraded us slightly to an artists loft suite with a jacuzzi. We have reserved a king smaller suite. Even the hallways are filled with artwork and carved furnishings. The room was so amazing! It was huge with beamed ceilings, gorgeous original artwork, several leather sofas, giant swivel plasma tv, sink with wine cooler, large jacuzzi tub, endless lamps--each one a work of art in itself...I could go on and on. The bed was fabulous with a down comforter and many plush pillows. They offer free internet on the tv although we didn't try it. The clock radio has an ipod dock. The bathroom was also incredible. Huge walk in shower, fantastic toiletries, plush robes, two sinks. When we came back from being out, they had remade the bed from our nap and left chocolates and a rose on the bed. You can buy a romantic package and get massages. This hotel is about 5 miles from where all the attractions are on Rt. 30.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sabrinacallie

Reviewed August 18, 2008

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel by recomendation from a good friend and it was the best hotel we have ever stayed in. We stayed in a suite because we have a small child and it is easier to have the portable crib in the living area. The hot tub was so nice after a long day. We were surprise to find a rose and mints on our bed at night. Check in and out was easy and smooth. The included breakfest was very fresh and tastey. It is a nice touch that all the food is from local vendors.

Reviewed August 17, 2008

Wow what a beautiful Hotel!! I have never stayed at such a unique hotel. There is an Art Gallery in the main lobby and Art hanging in all the halls and rooms which really make this hotel stand out. Our room was very nicely decorated and clean. The bed had very fine linens and the towels are egyptian cotton which made the stay very comfortable. There is also an excellent free breakfast with a nice selection of food...you gotta try the waffles!!

1  Thank snarf420
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Nice boutique style hotel in Lancaster, PA. The only one of this type in an upcoming area. The rooms are fashionable with the old brick and support beams exposed (this hotel is a converted tobacco warehouse). Style in the rooms is a little mismatched, a shame that they choose real ugly "Sheraton type" headboards... Otherwise the rooms are functional, even have a little winecooler (which we used to store milk for our small kids). The beds are a little too soft for my taste however comfortable with lots of pillows.
The bathrooms have a shower, however no handheld shower. I feel that you can expect a handheld shower in an upscale, 4 Star hotel. .In our room (# 406), the AC was not working too well. These are the only negative comments I have about the room. Nice bathroom amenities with an orange fragrance.
Nice bar with not so friendly bartenders. Nice lobby.
Front Desk very nice however did not correct billing error which I detected after the first night (you receive an information folio every night under your door). I booked through AMEX paying with miles i.e. prepaid, and somehow the booking was processed through Travelocity. Hotel gave me the "confidential" folio with the Travelocity net rate twice. This is a little embarrarssing. I am in the hotel business myself and that is probably why i can not understand that the same mistake was done twice.
We did not try the hotel restaurant but wish we should have. Decided instead to go to an italian place in walking distance. Worst italian food I ever had.

1  Thank nico107
Reviewed July 17, 2008

My boyfriend and I were shocked to find this modern hotel in bucolic, bland Lancaster County. Once an industrial building, the hotel has been gutted and renovated, but the few warehouse-ish structures that remain (wooden beams, large metal doors, partial brick walls) create a unique look.

Check in was a breeze, but it wouldn't hurt if the front desk staff knew a little more about the hotel. The decor in the lobby is very interesting, and I (along with many of guests as well, I'm sure) fell in love with a cute chair. When I asked two gentlemen at the front desk where it could be purchased they were clueless. Fortunately a manager overheard and passed along a brochure. When you've got such an unusual lobby, it's just commonsense that people will be inquisitive.

I highly recommend the independently-owned restaurant inside the hotel. Similar to the hotel, the restaurant had an organic/eco-friendly theme going as well. The menu was a little on the pricey side, but that's understandable considering the fact that it's fresh and locally grown. Just one piece of advice...get some Diet Coke please! Sugar-free Organic Raspberry soda just does not cut it.

The room was charming! Double doors leading to the bathroom and original paintings on the walls were great touches. Additionally, upon returning to the room from dinner and drinks at the bar (I recommend the "Huck Fizz") we found a red rose and two pieces of chocolate awaiting us...well done Lancaster Arts :)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank KChaplinsky
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We wanted a getaway from NYC and didn't want to travel too long by car. Lancaster was a good choice and the hotel even better. Based on reviews we thought it would be a good choice. The web does not do it justice. It was comfortable, charming and beautiful. Exposed brick, hardwood floors and very modern chic. Make sure you reserve a room in the historic section. You will be glad that you did.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2008

I just stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel this past weekend (July 12). My new wife and I stayed there on our wedding night, and the room was fantastic. I had stopped in a month or so prior to our stay just to look at some of the rooms. My wife and I are both artists and are a little picky about the decor. So I wanted to pick a room that wouldn't offend our snobby tastes. After seeing a couple of rooms I picked one that was in our price range and had some simple non-obtrusive art hanging in it. We would have liked one of the suites, but we are saving our money for our honeymoon. So we were very pleasantly surprised to see that we had been upgraded to one of the larger rooms with hot tubs in them when we checked in. Of course the art in this room wasn't to our tastes, but we had no problem looking past that with the big beautiful room we were given. The furnishings in the rooms are all beautiful. The bathrooms are nice and big and the large flatscreens are a nice addition. We were treated to a complementary bottle of wine since they knew we had just been married. We even found a single rose outside of our door later that night. In the morning as we left we found a copy of usa today waiting for us as well. The coffees, teas, bath salts, and toiletries were a nice little treat in an already posh room. There was a mini wine fridge in the room as well as an ipod dock and a keyboard to use the internet on the tv. Our keyboard's batteries were dead, but we popped some in from a digital camera and it worked fine. The staff was very pleasant and were good about giving us our privacy. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple