Lancaster Arts Hotel
$148
$144
$115
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$87
$179
$106
ComfortInn
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$120
$130
$116
Agoda.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$107
1,019 results
All reviewstobacco warehouseturn down serviceexposed brickjohn jeffrieswine coolerloft suiteboutique hotelcovered parkingoriginal artfarm to tablered rosehardwood floorsbreakfast burritoslow elevatorfranklin marshallbeautiful hoteljacuzzi tub
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed at the property the rooms are small, breakfast below average. The Resturant at the property is very good for dinner. Staff is extremely friendly, I believe they do have bigger rooms but were sold out, the room we got was close to the elevator. For probably a little more is the Marriott at Penn square which is much better and more comfortable. Parking is free here which is good.

Room Tip: Ask the reservations for the bigger rooms if available maybe you do better than us.
1  Thank AshishV1963
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very nice furnished hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. In addition to that it was the first one on our trip which welcomed us with a little gift in the form of chocolate and a rose placed on the bed. The only thing we had a little problem with was the floor in our room which was wooden and raw so we had to be careful to not get sliver in our feet.
The hotel itself is centrally located and it's just a few minutes of walk until you reach Downtown. Furthermore there was a free parking lot nearby and free internet as well.

1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel has it all going for it - and who knew such a hip little boutique hotel existed in Lancaster? So glad this popped up on one of my travel booking sites or we would have never thought to stay the night. You feel like you are in a NY city loft with the exposed bricks. You have an art gallery throughout the hotel. And it is just a short walk to all the great shops and restaurants. Great view out to the ballpark. And even better, free secure parking! And another bonus-- Loved the turn-down service - had no idea that was coming. I loved how creative of a mood the entire hotel put you in - from the sketch pads to the art. For a free breakfast, it was pretty good. **Note: We did not use the free Y passes but with that added perk we will explore this place again (even if we do have to pay full price) with our daughter and see how it is for a family.

1  Thank ManyMilesStill2Go
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I greatly enjoyed the Lancaster Arts Hotel. I booked the presidential suite which was absolutely lovely. The exposed brick in room was stunning. The hotel was very chic but had a country charm. My boyfriend and I explored all of the artwork in lobby and floors.
Jason, front desk clerk of the hotel, was awesome. He suggested a wonderful place for breakfast. He was very accommodating. Erin was fantastic when we first arrived to check in.
Erin and Jason should be fully utilized and recognized for their superior customer service. The hotel does a brisk business and rightly so.
I loved the nice touch of the rose and chocolate on our bed.
I also enjoyed John J. Jeffries restaurant, chef owned, but attached to hotel.
Parking was a breeze.

There was one hiccup or a perception that left an unwelcome taste in my mouth.
I had inquired about a late check out. I was never guaranteed one. I was told to ask in the morning. When I went to front desk, a young blonde (who was professionally rude) i.e., frosty politeness, on point and not welcoming told me a late check out was not feasible. I asked for an additional half an hour and was told no.
My boyfriend then went down and discovered that the room was not booked for the coming evening but if we wanted to extend our stay for 4 hours, they would gladly charge us half of the rate which would have been additional 200+ dollars. I was extremely taken aback that they would gladly charge us half the rate for 4 hours. The room was expensive to begin with as it was the presidential suite and I booked straight through with hotel.
I've traveled frequently within the U.S. and overseas. The morning/afternoon front desk interaction marred on what was a perfect stay otherwise; hence the four stars and low rating on service.
Also, we did wind leaving about a half an hour after noon check out by the time our bags were loaded up. I specifically booked the suite at this hotel for a lovely romantic stay. The front desk were in an obvious state of displeasure and when our bags were loaded up on cart, the blonde was like okay suite #*** can be cleaned. It was quite a turn off.
If I do ever return, I will book a different room that is less costly.
There are so many wonderful things about this hotel that I recommend it but make sure you are ready to go at noon check out.
Thanks Erin and Jason!!!! for excellent customer service and attentiveness to each guest.

Room Tip: Don't book a suite unless it's necessary. Some of the other rooms are just as lovely. There is a newer portion to hotel lacking exposed brick, etc. It's truly up to the customer as to what type of room they would like to stay in during the duration. Jason and Erin are excellent front desk clerks. They provide superior service and tips for around and about.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel for two nights over Labor Day weekend. It's a beautiful hotel with comfortable rooms and a very pleasant and efficient staff. They serve a good buffet breakfast each day as part of the rate for the room. The only knock I have is that they appear to have air conditioning problems in this old building. Our air conditioner simply did not cool our room. They quickly sent someone up to fix the problem and it worked for a few hours but we were back to square one. They then gave us a choice between switching rooms or putting a portable A/C unit in the room. we opted for the portable unit which did cool things down but was mighty noisy. We overhead other guests having a similar issue. Unfortunately this issue knocks them down to 4 stars. Lancaster Arts Hotel is a beautifully restored building and certainly worth the rate they charge as long as you won't need A/C..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple