“Lovely room for our wedding night”

Lancaster Arts Hotel
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here on the night of our wedding. It was a perfect location to make our wedding night feel just that more special.

After leaving our wedding reception nearby, we checked into the hotel around 10:00 p.m. and were treated so nicely. Our King suite came complete with a bottle of champagne and a trail of rose petals leading to the bed. The room was simply beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and I was surprised to see that you can actually buy the beds!

Being from Lancaster I never had a reason to stay at the hotel before, but I have dined at the restaurant and have been very pleased. The hotel did not disappoint me either. The shower was a large stone step in. The bathroom was very large all together. The room was quiet and we felt like we were in our own private home. The decor made it so cozy and inviting.

You can't beat the location - within walking distance to all of Lancaster's hot spots - although central downtown is a few blocks, it is definitely walkable. There are also a few restaurants a very short walk away including Fenz, Iron Hill, Lombardos, and The Belvedere (my personal fav).

The breakfast that was included was so good. It was continental but there were so many options, not your usual cereal and dry muffins. There was fresh juice, a waffle maker, breakfast burritos, eggs, you name it!

I'd recommend The Lancaster Arts Hotel to anyone visiting Lancaster - who knows you may even have a celebrity spotting! (Lady Gaga anyone?) They are known to stay here when in town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KatieWM

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We only stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel for one night, but found it to be excellent in all respects. Check in and level of service in general was superb. The hotel and the room were very comfortable and clean. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ICD53
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Let me begin by stating that I am a Customer Experience consultant. I make a living by scrutinizing customer experiences and helping companies improve theirs' for the purpose of achieving customer loyalty and improved profitability. I look for disconnects, especially those registered subconsciously. My stay at the Lancaster Arts Hotel was a disappointment from a purely professional perspective; I could find nothing wrong. Every attention to detail had been paid to the customer experience from check in to turn down, including the restaurant which was superb. My only minor complaint was the music playing in the bar; it seemed more geared to the staff than to customer tastes. I m a habitual traveller and this was a pleasant surprise; I will definitely return. Maybe next time I'll find something to complain about!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lori D
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel twice now. We love the Decor of Art thru out the Hotel and your Room! We love the rooms with the jacuzzi.

Erin at the front desk treated us like family, she loves her job! Also Jason " Johnny Depp" Double was very helpful and cool!

Room Tip: Choose a room way from the Elevators for a quieter evening!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hnter64
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel was unique and fun to stay in, but at nearly $450 (or more?!) after taxes/fees for two nights, it wasn't worth the high price tag. It's a nice hotel and i doubt youll be disappointed with your stay, but it would be more justifiable if you get a good deal -- otherwise, it's a Lancaster hotel at a big city price.

Pluses: great drinks and food at Jon j Jeffries (located in hotel... Franco patron and beef tartar were awesome), unique rooms, artwork throughout, cool architectural features, helpful front desk attendant who provided a list of activities to do in Lancaster on a Sunday (they're limited), and a pretty nice breakfast. Oh and nice turndown service and water bottles in room.

Minuses: didn't know about breakfast the first day (and was difficult to find on the second... It's tucked away), other front desk attendants weren't especially attentive or informative, our room was near elevator and easy to hear noises in hallway, somewhat limited (but free) parking, fluctuations in room temp, and biggest con was the price.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Not only does the Arts have very comfortable rooms but the boutiquey vibe is something you'd expect in a larger city. The restaurant and bar are excellent, fantastic menu with some great dishes focussed on local produce and a good selection of beers on tap. They also put on a super breakfast spread, I can actually get a decent cup of tea! 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dacurd
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Arts Hotel is a gem—do not hesitate. Exposed brick rooms, comp wifi & bike rental, killer drinks (highly recommend The Bee's Knees: gin, local honey, cardamom, lemon), even got in a swim across the street at the Y with guest pass. It's next door to an awesome pizza & craft beer joint (The Fridge) and a yoga studio. Breakfast was meh, but icing on the cake is they covered my cab when they arrived 50 mins late to take me to the airport (beware of Lancaster Yellow Cab!). Primo.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo