“Stunning Rooms”

Lancaster Arts Hotel
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel the night of our wedding and couldn't have had a more enjoyable evening. The rooms were extremely clean and everything was brand new. The bed was comfortable and the amenities were wonderful. I would definitely stay there again for a night or two, but for something more extended, I would choose something a little more budget friendly.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 5, 2008

Stayed here on government business and the hotel honored the local per diem rate. The hotel was clean and well maintained. It definitely caters to an "artsy" crowed as evidenced by the patrons in the bar and restaurant each night. I had some issues with house keeping taking the used soap without replacing it on two occasions. The continental breakfast could have been more substantial, but the turn down service with the chocolates and rose were a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank FedTraveller
Reviewed March 26, 2008

This hotel is really unique. We were pleasantly surpised that such a cool place could be found in Lancaster. The downtown area itself was also hip & very fun. The college is just down the street so a lot of parents stay at this hotel.

Check in very easy - room was ready early for us. Beautiful art in lobby, corridors, room. It was definitely inspiring (that's their theme). Had the King Deluxe room. Large old brick wall added so much charm to the room. There was a flat screen TV, nice bathroom, very comfortable bed, sitting area was a little awkward - there was a desk in front of the TV with a keyboard. Chair in the corner with a small table & a bench by the bathroom and then by the foot of the bed. The lighting was modern. Room was clean for the most part. I did see dust on the floor in corners...the floors were finished old wooden original floors that had area rugs over them. We asked for extra towels - they brought them immediately. One night knock on the door at around 7:00 when we were dressing for dinner. It was one of the maids with a rose & two chocolates...a sweet touch. Drawer space was limited to an armoir that also served as a closet & a coffee shelf (that was kind of weird).

The bar at the hotel was fun, happy hour is 7 days a week 4-7 half price beer & drinks. There are plenty of great restaurants, bars, galleries shopping in the downtown area. Most even walking distance. But, this part was great - we called a cab to get back to the hotel...it was complimentary!!! The hotel pays for it! I couldn't believe it. I was expecting a charge on our bill - nothing. Used the service 2X & just tipped the driver.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ccjersey
Reviewed March 19, 2008

Very interesting hotel, has a New York City Loft feel. Old brick building totally redone. Small rooms & baths but beautifully done, very clean, heating system is a little odd. I guess due to high ceilings if its cold weather make sure you are wearing a sweater in the lobby area, and breakfast area or you will get a chill. Breakfast which is included with your room was just ok, nothing great. Thought it was a little pricey for what you get. Staff did not extend themselves. Ate at the restaurant next door called Rosa Rosa...very good, would go there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank izzy260
Reviewed March 5, 2008

I met up with college girlfriends for the weekend, and we stayed in several rooms at the Lancaster Arts Hotel. I don't know much about Lancaster and can't compare it to other properties in the area, but I can say that I was very pleasantly suprised! It has a very Soho-artsy vibe; there is an art gallery onsite and the paintings in the rooms were fantastic. Tip -- the art is all for sale. I didn't know this until I asked the front desk where the art came from...apparently, they work with local artists to feature their work. The rooms are really nice, open brickwork and fabulous bathrooms. The fridge and sink area in the suite was handy for all of our wine and snacks that we overpacked. I need my morning coffee, so complimentary continental breakfast and coffee were a nice touch. Not Starbucks, but good enough. The location was not in the middle of historic Lancaster from what I could tell, but that also meant plenty of covered parking. We had no problem finding a few very good restaurants within walking distance. The hardwood floor in the hallway didn't mask a running child's heavy footsteps -- that's my only complaint. Overall, great experience, great setting for our girls' reunion.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank wheretonextNY
Reviewed March 3, 2008

My husband and I went for a long weekend for our anniversary. Right away we were greeted by Jasmine , their conceirge, with a bottle of wine and a list of activities that were in the area for us to do and see.
Our room was really nice! The king size bed and the numerous pillows on it , just made you want to run and jump on the bed. No need to bring your own pillow, there were plenty to choose from. I loved the robes in the room and my husband loved having a flat screen in the bedroom and the sitting room.
I found the front desk very helpful. When we were going to venture outside of Lancaster, they would print up mapquest directions for us. As for places to eat, there were plenty within walking distance as well as one in the hotel.
Truly loved spending the weekend there - Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SOCCERFAN8
Reviewed March 2, 2008

There's much more to Lancaster than expected. Especially if you have the opportunity to stay at the Lancaster Arts Hotel. If you desire something hip, smart, fun, and a bit of luxury- this is the place to stay. It's also a refreshing change from a typical chain hotel experience. What makes it so unique is that the hotel is like and art gallery. Original works of art by local area artists are on display throughout the hotel.

Our accommodations were wonderful, too. The bed we slept in was so comfortable that we had to inquire about it. Breakfast was also included in our room rate. We had planned on going out to breakfast but changed our plans once we saw the really nice continental breakfast provided by the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TEB2008