“Weekend Getaway”

Lancaster Arts Hotel
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I recently surprised my wife with a birthday weekend getaway at your lovely and unique hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our room and the nightly turn down service. It was nice to stay in a place where the design and rooms aren't all the same.

1  Thank Ken B

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I decided to book a weekend getaway and by chance we booked the Lancaster Arts Hotel. What a great place! We originally booked the "romantic getaway" package, but later changed to the "month of love" package, which gave us 50% off the second night. We stayed in a loft suite, which was a really nice room. The decor was very artsy (as the name suggests) and very non-hotel-like. We had a nice jacuzzi tub in the corner of the room, a king bed and a nice sitting area. The bathroom was big with a great shower. Our package came with a bottle of wine and chocolates, which were waiting for us in the room when we arrived. The turndown service with chocolates and a rose was a really nice touch. The room (as the rest of the hotel) was extremely clean! Their was not so much as a piece of lint on the floor when we checked in. Housekeeping was wonderful and the room was cleaned wonderfully during our stay. The beds were very soft (almost too soft) and our room was very quiet. We could hear the train whistle early in the morning, but it didn't bother us at all. We could also hear other guests opening and closing their doors, but no more or less than any other hotel. The art in the hotel was really nice and gave the hotel a much more trendy feel than a regular hotel. The front desk personnel were very nice and helpful. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but we did have a couple drinks and a cheese plate in the bar. Our bartender was really great and attentive. The cheese plate was just ok and probably not worth the $15, but we were there late and the only other option was dessert, which we weren't in the mood for. The area is a more upscale college town and a lot of the other hotel guests were college parents visiting for sport events. This hotel definitely caters to couples and they do a wonderful job!! We will definitely stay there again!!

1  Thank kycoan
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I chose to surprise my husband with stay at the Lancaster Arts Hotel for a Valentine's weekend getaway. We purchased the romance package and everything was in the room exactly as described. The room was amazing and unique. The room was beautifully designed and the hot tub in the Loft Suite was so relaxing. The bed is so soft, fluffy and comfortable. If we get away again, we will definitely stay at the Arts Hotel! My husband does not really like to stay in hotels and he loved everything about it. Thank you for making our weekend special!

Room Tip: We had a suite right across from the elevator on the fifth floor and there was no noise for us. It i...
1  Thank Melanie M
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I spent the night at this hotel recently when I have to go see my son at Franklin and Marshall and give a presentation. I was pleasantly surprised how large the room was spacious the bathroom was compared to other hotels. The staff was very accommodating when I checked it. Parking was east with a first floor parking garage attached to the hotel. My only complaint was that room 400, was facing out to the main road, which was very busy during the evening. I specifically requested a very quiet room since I have trouble sleeping, and this is the room the assigned me. Additionally, the walls seem to be particularly thin, as I could hear the person next to me talking on phone in their own room. Pleasant surprise was the bar adjoining the main lobby. Steve the bartender was particularly verse in the single malt scotches and set me up with excellent flights of scotch and local cheese. Made for a fun ending to the night. The bar surprisingly is open to midnight although it was very quiet on a monday night.

We have stayed at some other local hotels when we need to see our son at F&M and I will give this another try. Just need to get a room facing away of the main road.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DarienJim
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I very much enjoyed a few nights here. Great building/warehouse conversion. Exposed brick, glass, very nice finish. Felt like New York, without the pretentiousness!
Excellent restaurant also. Covered parking was nice.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great modern decoration - with art (for sale) all around. Rooms were very spacious. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Vending machine was a little hidden (had to ask front desk where it was) and a little tricky to use (folding doors I had not seen before) but sodas were only 75 cents.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LWS-NYC
Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you want something better than a change hotel this is the place, great unique hotel and close to everything. each room offers different things and the thai restaurant down the block is wonderful
A great town and an enjoyable place to stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple