“Not a cookie cutter hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lancaster Arts Hotel

Lancaster Arts Hotel
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Terra Alta, West Virginia
“Not a cookie cutter hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I chose to surprise my husband with stay at the Lancaster Arts Hotel for a Valentine's weekend getaway. We purchased the romance package and everything was in the room exactly as described. The room was amazing and unique. The room was beautifully designed and the hot tub in the Loft Suite was so relaxing. The bed is so soft, fluffy and comfortable. If we get away again, we will definitely stay at the Arts Hotel! My husband does not really like to stay in hotels and he loved everything about it. Thank you for making our weekend special!

Room Tip: We had a suite right across from the elevator on the fifth floor and there was no noise for us. It i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
DarienJim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I spent the night at this hotel recently when I have to go see my son at Franklin and Marshall and give a presentation. I was pleasantly surprised how large the room was spacious the bathroom was compared to other hotels. The staff was very accommodating when I checked it. Parking was east with a first floor parking garage attached to the hotel. My only complaint was that room 400, was facing out to the main road, which was very busy during the evening. I specifically requested a very quiet room since I have trouble sleeping, and this is the room the assigned me. Additionally, the walls seem to be particularly thin, as I could hear the person next to me talking on phone in their own room. Pleasant surprise was the bar adjoining the main lobby. Steve the bartender was particularly verse in the single malt scotches and set me up with excellent flights of scotch and local cheese. Made for a fun ending to the night. The bar surprisingly is open to midnight although it was very quiet on a monday night.

We have stayed at some other local hotels when we need to see our son at F&M and I will give this another try. Just need to get a room facing away of the main road.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank DarienJIm
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I very much enjoyed a few nights here. Great building/warehouse conversion. Exposed brick, glass, very nice finish. Felt like New York, without the pretentiousness!
Excellent restaurant also. Covered parking was nice.

• Stayed January 2013
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great modern decoration - with art (for sale) all around. Rooms were very spacious. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Vending machine was a little hidden (had to ask front desk where it was) and a little tricky to use (folding doors I had not seen before) but sodas were only 75 cents.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LWS-NYC
lancaster, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you want something better than a change hotel this is the place, great unique hotel and close to everything. each room offers different things and the thai restaurant down the block is wonderful
A great town and an enjoyable place to stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vglos
Marlboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel for an overnight stay. I thought the room was very welcoming,inviting, and a good size. I loved the old brick walls and the wood floor. The room was very clean. I really liked the bathroom. Nice vanity area to store your stuff. There was some mold on the shower tiles. I have come to expect some level of mold in the bath area, though this was not excessive. I had read other reviews where they mentioned the thin walls. I do agree with that comment. Our stay was on a weeknight and excessive noise was not an issue, though we did hear the shower running from the room next door. The bed was a little soft for my taste. The room does have a wine fridge, which I have little use for. If I stayed longer, I would have requested a mini fridge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank poppi22
central n.j.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was our first visit to Lancaster as we came up for a family reunion. The room was spacious { you could have fit three New York City rooms in it] and very clean. I like the features that it had two sitting areas,windows that open[ I have sinus problems]and a very comfortable bed. I did not have to use my own pillow that I always take with me.The artwork and the special lightning added a nice touch.

One review stated that the hotel was too far from the city attractions.but I disagree. I am 80 years old and had no difficulty walking to the downtown areas and later to the college which was in the opposite direction.

I could not hear the trains from my room but wonder why the engines had to running when not being used.It seemed like a waste of fuel.

The breakfast buffet was better than most European types that I have had in the past.

I like the city and will stay at the Arts Hotel when I do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank arayCentralN_j_
lexington1, Director of Sales at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel. We do our very best to make each guest experience here a great one! We love being part of downtown Lancaster and all that it has to offer. There are so many unique boutique shops, restaurants and art galleries, we feel proud to be a part of this vibrant City. Please come back and visit--we will wait for your return!