Lancaster Arts Hotel
$148
$144
$115
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$87
$179
$106
ComfortInn
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$120
$130
$116
Agoda.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$107
1,019 results
All reviewstobacco warehouseturn down serviceexposed brickjohn jeffrieswine coolerloft suiteboutique hotelcovered parkingoriginal artfarm to tablered rosehardwood floorsbreakfast burritoslow elevatorfranklin marshallbeautiful hoteljacuzzi tub
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This hotel was more than expected for a very reasonable rate. We arrived at 1 pm, 2 hours before the check in time and a room was available - we were even upgraded. Our room was stylishly decorated, bathroom was a delight. Heavy robes, coffee pot, wine fridge in the room were a plus. The hotel ammenities included access to the YMCA literally across the street. This was great since both my husband and I are serious about working out. They also have their own smaller facility for those who just want to do some lighter exercise. We were given 2 complimentary tickets to the Barnstormers minor league baseball game (value $20). The field was also very close. We were directed to the art/shops district and since there were occasional rain showers, given a voucher for free cab within 5 miles (just call and responsible for tip only). Continental breakfast was impressive with a variety of healthy and delicious choices, teas, juices and coffee. We tried 2 of the 7 recommended restaurants and the bistro was our favorite.
2 small concerns were that I asked where I may safely run. I was directed to Franklin and Marshall U, which was fine. But later I found out there is actually a running/bike path that travels right by the hotel (unsure if this was not a safe option). The single elevator was a bit slow. It was not a problem for me, but I did hear another guest mention that art work in the elevator would have been a good thing.
Overall, I give the Arts Hotel 5 stars!

2  Thank LBBAdirondacks
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The Lancaster Arts Hotel combines the historical, funky artistic modern and luxurious comfort and supplies all the amenities you'd expect from a first-class hotel. Our room was roomy and very comfortable, the lounge and restaurant were excellent, and the service was friendly and efficient.

The only complaint we had was the air system, though modern and efficient, was so noisy I had to use earplugs in order to sleep through the night.

3  Thank UStravalers
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed in the Arts Suite. It was fantastic. Comfortable and unique. Great artwork on the walls. Jazzy made our morning breakfast a delight.

Room Tip: Get one of their suites.
Reviewed June 4, 2011

The hotel is located a short distance from the campus of Franklin and Marshall College, which is the reason why we were in town and probably a 10-15 minute walk from the arts district downtown. The hotel itself is a renovated industrial building. The room we stayed in was nice with exposed brick walls and a contemporary feel. The bed and furnishings were very nice as was the bathroom. The plumbing was very loud when our shower was running, but other than that it was not a problem.

The Arts hotel concept is interesting with the works of local artists on just about every wall with the intent to inspire your own creativity. The hotel restaurant was very good with a strong emphasis on organically grown and raised ingredients. The hotel lobby has a nice and eclectic mix of furniture. In the lobby, there are books that contain musings and sketches from guests as they are encouraged to draw in sketch pads in their rooms based on inspirations from their stay in the Lancaster area.

1  Thank Zandago
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We always have a nice time at this hotel - Everyone is very nice and helpful. I have traveled extensively and I think for the money this hotel is worth it. I do agree that they need a little polishing when it comes to letting you know about the gym or surrounding areas... The area seems safe enough - just a little rough around the edges.... On our first trip we were upgraded to a large room which was awesome - the second time the room was OK and the last trip we were upgraded again because they didnt have a play pen (Which made up for the fact they didnt call us ahead of time)
Anyway, the breakfast is nice -Would be nicer if there was an option to order eggs and bacon for a price.. I Love this hotel and we always have a nice time. There is a baseball fieild across the way and I think it would be helpful link on there site to know when the games are happening and easy access to get tickets. I did see on their facebook page that you can now rent scooters as well to tour the artsy town... So they just need to work on marketing this as well. Maybe they should place an ad on the www.resortmaps.com so you can see what is around them. (maybe get some maps for your desk as well =). There is one for Lancaster PA!!!
We are still searching for a good place to eat there however. The first time the lady at the desk sent us to Neptune Diner and OMG IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! and we felt out of place with our two small children and booth that slid back and forth. The restaurant was pretty ok - downstairs, but no food options for children.??? There is was a fridge and coffee maker - but no plug to plug the coffee maker in??? Hmm weird... Anyway - still will go again and enjoy the ever changing art.

Last on my list - We needed to use the piull out couch for my son and there werent any sheets - the front desk ran to get us sheets and were SOOO wonderful trying to get us everything we needed - the girl wouldnt take a tip and she was so sweet trying to help us!
Beautiful building, Great service!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family