“A FINE choice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Lancaster
Marlboro, New Jersey
“A FINE choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed with my son for a baseball tournament nearby. Location is great for Amish Country experiences. Perfecdt location for families with yound kides as Dutch Wonderland is within a 1/4 mile. Rooms themself are LARGE. Place is basic but claen - both rooms and grounds. Rooms come with mini fridge and microwave. Front desk staff is extremely helpful and pleasent. Rates are exceptional- a great value without giving up much.

Room Tip: Rooms up the small hill on the back side of the parking lot are farthest from the highway so are the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ArchAOD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights a week ago. I feel that regardless whether a hotel is a 2 star or 5 star, it should be clean. This hotel is superficially clean, meaning if you don't look too closely, you may not notice how little care is put into it. The outside of the toilet and the base of the toilet is in fact very nasty. A damp cloth on the walls and the sink cabinets would clean spills, dried toothpaste and longtime dirt that has accumulated. The sheets and towels were clean. I will say that the price was right, if you can overlook the basic neglect of this property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Judy W
Stanardsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just want to say that we have been going to Lancaster PA for the last 9 years, every September for our Anniversary & for the last 5 we keep returning to "Classic Inn" along with other family members that we invite to tag along with us. We have always been happy with our rooms "House" we always rent the 5 rooms at the office. Looking forward to September

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shifflett
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've been coming here since the early 1990's, before the current owners. It's always clean and quiet, and close to everything. I used to even walk to the outlets!. Yes it's basic but I love it. The mattresses are getting a little soft and the pillows as well. But compared to a hotel I stayed at in June (different city) it was heaven.

Room Tip: They're all quiet. and roomy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nanadalyn
Middlesex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The inn has economy pricing and super clean rooms. Great for families. TV, mini fridge, microwave, WIFI and continental breakfast, Friendly staff and excellent location to attractions ,shopping centers and restaurants. Dutch Wonderland is within walking distance.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank The C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just stayed for one night on a business trip. This is a budget level property so judge it by that.
It is extremely clean, well maintained and the owners are very friendly plus helpful.
Yes, you get plastic cups, the towels are thin and the complimentary toiletries are very basic. Large rooms, microwave fridge and very private bath area. Only issue I had were that some TV channels did not have sound. Very convenient location and even the parking lot is well cared for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank dancersdad
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We decided on a last minute trip to Lancaster and I had a heck of a time finding a hotel. All the larger hotels were sold out, and found the Classic Inn on a website and read the reveiws on Trip Advisor on it. I called and asked for a first floor room as my husband was handicapped and couldn't do stairs. Was guaranteed first floor. The parking lot at the hotel is very small and not user friendly at all. The handicapped parking in in the "second lot" that is up a hill. It is a regular spot with a handicapped sign on the pavement. It is not extra wide (would not work if you have a wheelchair van) and it is right up against a 12" curb. You have to either walk down an incline (as hotel buildings go up a hill) on outside of hotel, or enter from the back of the first building and walk down stairs. Our room was in the back building around the back of the hotel. Not great for asking for 1st floor handicapped. Room was large, had microwave and small refrigerator in it. The bed squeaked whenver you moved on it. It had box spring and mattress on it, but reminded me of the old fashioned beds with just the mattress and the "spring" type of board under it that squeak all the time. Air conditioner was very noisy. Since parking was hard to get in and out of, we parked at the Lancaster Host Hotel (there parking lot goes behind the Classic Inn and we had to walk down 6 wooden steps to get to the hotel. Again, not great for someone with disabilities. It was quiet and we couldn't hear any neighboring people staying there. The bathroom had the sink on the outside of the room with the tub and toilet in a separate room. My husband is a bit larger and he had trouble sitting down on toilet as it was so close to the wall, and when you did sit - the toilet paper holder was right next to you on the wall. I went shopping and he stayed in the room, as he couldn't walk the outlets. When I came back he told me he had killed about 3-4 bugs in the room. Then he showed me small little bugs on the bathroom floor. It was quiet for sleeping. When I got up in the morning and turned the lights on - I noticed quite a few bugs scattering off the dresser - they were centipede type ot bugs - with "horns" on them. We decided to pack up and leave. When I showered, the water pressure was terrible, hot was luke warm. When my husband showered, I noticed another 3 of the same type of bugs on the bathroom vanity. We "captured" one of them to show to owner. We decided NOT to stay for the continental breakfast. We went down to the office and told the owner he had a bug problem and that we found many bugs in there and showed him what they were (I had put them in a plastic bag). He said, "oh, sorry, I have an exterminator come in". And that was that. No, I'm so sorry, let me give you a discount for that experience. I would not stay here again. The pictures look great, it is quiet, but I didn't like the bugs (my husband is allergic to certain bug bites and has ended up in the hospital because of some bites)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family