“Nothing went right for me”

Courtyard Lancaster
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The staff was very nice and the hotel is located in a good place. We had to do some laundry as we have been on the road for a bit. The staff was helpful in that they gave me some laundry detergent, but the dryer was broken so I couldn't dry my clothes. I think it had been down for a while. They did offer for me to drive down to their sister property, but I declined. After getting my clothes washed and hung all over my room to dry, the Tv in our room was going in and out. We called they came and was doing ok after we jiggled the cord. Finally it just wasn't working at all so they moved us to another room, but alas that TV wasn't working right in that room either. Oh well so we go to bed. All in all the place was ok, but I felt like they were not going to go above and beyond the call. They did give us a discount on the room for compensation for the tv not working.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremy G, Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Judi D,

Thank you for sharing experience with the TripAdvisor community. I apologize that your experience was less than what you expected and deserved. I do appreciate the opportunity you gave me to address your concerns in person and make up for your experience. I was glad to hear that you would be returning to our hotel the next time your travel brought you to Lancaster County. Thanks again for taking the time to speak with me and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Have stayed here several times for week long business trips. Front desk staff is nice & efficient. Rooms are nice. Pool is the smallest hotel pool I have ever seen, rivals the hot tub for square footage. If you need to be close to the McDonalds and the Costco, this is your spot. Restaurants are hard to come by. Bar and food in the lobby are good though. The lobby is nice for work and socializing, but you cannot byob, you have to patronize the lobby bar. Buying a bottle of wine or beer in this state is bizarre and difficult, be warned. Toured the Marriott in downtown Lancaster and if I had the choice (which I don't), I would choose that property. Dramatic pool with views. Stone's throw from incredible and historic Lancaster Farmers Market (like a real Dean & Deluca; produce, seafood, smoothies, ethnic food) and walking around downtown is much more interesting than sitting in an industrial park off the highway. Eat at the Belvedere wherever you stay.

Room Tip: All rooms comparable in my experience, as there is not much around this hotel, view wise or business...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just stayed at this Property May 26-28, 2013, and it was a pleasurable stay. Used Rewards points for 2 nites in a King Bed w/Sofa bed for the 4 of us (2 kids 8y/5y). Room was a bit tight, but we weren't there much. DW and I shared the bed while the kids shared the sofa bed (we put mattress on floor).

Direct TV and WiFi worked perfectly. Pool was on the small side, definitely not doing laps in the pool, but kids enjoyed it (4' on 1 end, 3' on the other) Pool hours were 6a-11pm and Fitness Center was 24hrs. Fitness center had 2 treadmills, recumbent bike and some dumbells. Also nice jacuzzi tub that my kids enjoyed.

Yes, it was located in an industrial park, but it was more of an office park with nicely kept property landscaping. I'm not sure why this is viewed negatively by some, as the property is directly off Main Hwy (Rte 30) and literally 5 minutes away from Dutch Wonderland and many of the other area attractions. I'd rather drive the 5 minutes for a property with lots of space, then be right on the "strip" and surrounded by chaos. My boys and I were able to play street hockey, soccer and baseball on the field next to property (we brought all the sporting equipment with us).

We did not eat at the Bistro, but looked nice enough. We had no issue with outside noises and we had an East facing room, but blackout shades worked great and we never were bothered by the early sunrise.

Within walking distance to a convenience store/gas station. Inside convenience store was a Subway and small Ice Cream section. You can also walk to McDonald's, if that's your thing. This is good base of operations when exploring the Lancaster area, as mentioned earlier, it's right off Main hwy that takes you anywhere.

Staff was very friendly and we felt like they would have met our every request, but we didn't have any.

We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LongIslandMac
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed 3 nights, Saturday-Tuesday. Very nice hotel. Easy check in/out. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was very good at the Bistro (I had the tomato and cheese flatbread pizza, twice). Parking lot was well lit and clean.
Location was good. Not too far from attractions, shopping and restaurants. Even though this hotel is located in an industrial park, it's far enough off the road that you don't here any traffic.
Will stay there again.
(Only problem was that Clothes Dryer out of order.)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 900Paula2011
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hotel has tons of awards & they are nice and it is clean, HOWEVER, since our son was going to be gone for a week on a school trip, and having hectic schedules for travel hockey, hockey tryouts, school, track, orchestra & etc., I decided to travel with my husband for work and just relax, catch up on reading/movies and sleep in for the first time in years. We decided to rent only one car, as I was looking forward to relaxing in our room, watching movies and just being at the hotel and not on the go for the whole week! Needless to say, it's barely 1/2 over & I've been miserable! I only brought my iPad, thinking I didn't need my computer for movies and reading and have been stuck and completely frustrated that the Satellite TV and no channels are working in the room - unless you like the sound and picture to cut out continuously every few mins for a minute at a time! I then resorted to watching movies on my iPad, only to find their wifi constantly being interrupted! THEY HAVE OFFERED NOTHING, NOT EVEN A DISCOUNT FOR MY INCONVENIENCES! Who knows if others have been so busy and ignored the inconveniences, but I am more tense, frustrated & irritated than when I started my mini hiatus - I'm going to have to go on vacation when its all over! We also have had to go to a bar or grill every night to view Stanley Cup games because we can't even watch those - even though, for the first time ever, every game is available on NBC channels with any provider! I'm so disgusted and angry that they only apologize & don't even offer me a free bottled water and they tell me that they are looking into it and its just an unfortunate inconvenience! We are even considering checking out and moving hotels. Thanks Courtyard Lancaster for ruining my long awaited and planned R&R that I have been so excited to have for months! Your customer service and no solutions. and just saying sorry is not a solution at all! So unlike what we experience with Courtyard or Marriott for the past few decades. Must be time to switch to another brand!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank CbusHockeymom
Jeremy G, Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear CbusHockeymom,
I made an effort to contact you a few weeks ago through a TripAdvisor message and have not yet heard back. I unfortunately have no other way to contact you without your name or phone number. We take our customers’ satisfaction very seriously and I was hoping to have the opportunity to discuss your experience personally and work on a resolution. I appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to see exactly what our guests’ are experiencing. I do hope to have the opportunity to speak with you soon. I can be reached at 717-393-3600 at your earliest convenience.

Jeremy Geib
Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Upon arrival, you are greeted by friendly and courteous staff that make check-in a breeze. The rooms were in great shape, quiet, and the beds very comfortable. Internet access was fast and easy to connect with. I enjoyed the up to date televisions and the ease of viewing from the bed. The bathrooms were clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. In all, I'd give this hotel an excellent rating.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mio L

Dear Mio L,
Thank you for sharing your “excellent rating” with the TripAdvisor community! We are pleased that you not only enjoyed your stay, but that we were able to wow you with our customer service and property. We hope that you were able to enjoy our newly renovated pool and have dinner in our bistro as well. Thank you again for your review and we hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Definitely one of the nicer Courtyard's we've stayed at. No complaints. Probably will skip the breakfast buffet next time....same things available for free at most hotels but other than that we'll stay again. Nice place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family