“Great hospitality! ”

The Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The desk staff were very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The room was nice and the beds comfortable, but I have to agree the bathroom is a bit small. It was really nice to have the fridge though I wouldn't have wanted to put a large takeout box in it. I did miss having a microwave available but hopefully that will change as the renovations continue.
The continental breakfast was a bit sparse but hopefully will expand a little as time goes on. Maybe hard boiled eggs, a few more cereal choices, and other fresh fruit. I did enjoy the banana that I grabbed on the way by. The muffin I had was excellent.
It was a nice moderately short walk down to the convention center so I didn't feel I had to incur lots of extra parking charges driving there. I also enjoyed eating at a couple of the local restaurants. One minor frustration was no Queen St. entrance and I got a little lost my first time I headed out walking.
I too wasn't happy with the "event" going on at I guess a local bar's back yard because I could hear words well inside my room and the bar was 2 blocks over and 7 stories down!
I would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Gail L

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Have stayed here before - it's a very convenient location - the hotel itself is clean and the staff hospitable and helpful. Rates are reasonable and with the convenience of a mini fridge in the room, a trip to Central Market is essential!

1  Thank suesboys
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I booked this hotel after seeing it and the reviews over the internet for a group of 48 people. Very nice and clean hotel. John Thomas and Tom Showalter were very helpful in assisting me with our group reservation. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful as well. A few of our younger travelers were disappointed that there was no pool, but we made it up to them by taking a walk and seeing some of downtown Lancaster after the sun went down. Would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Irene622014
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Awesome staff, Clean rooms, Hospitality was Amazing, Front desk was very Helpful and Courteous, and the BEST part for my Group was Biker Friendly. A HUGE plus for my group considering we travel a lot across this Beautiful Country.

2  Thank Arthur C
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The front desk was very courteous and helpful...definitely the highlight of our stay. Our room was spacious and equipped with a mini fridge which was a plus. The king size bed was decently comfortable . However, the bathroom was a little tight and the TV was seriously outdated. The location was close to many restaurants and right across the street from a coffee house. But there were some "shady" parts close by. The courtyard adjacent to the hotel and public parking seemed abandoned and wasn't really kept well. For the price of the room, it gave us just what we needed...nothing more, nothing less.

Room Tip: Try to request a room away from the elevators. My room was across from them and I can still hear th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Adam Y
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for only one night as we visited the Amish area of Pennsylvania. We arrived mid morning after a short drive from Washington DC, and as expected we were too early to check in. No problem the staff were fantastic, friendly and very helpful. We had planned to do an organised tour but the guy on reception gave us a detailed map and directions which meant we probably saw more driving ourselves than if we had paid for a tour, he even rated restaurants for us to stop in for lunch.
The hotel itself was great, the rooms clean and comfortable and very spacious, we had a room with 2 queen size beds and lots of room to spare.
Across the road is the 'Federal Taphouse' bar a nice clean friendly place for a drink and dinner.
Being an inner city hotel there's no parking onsite, but there is a multi level car park right next door that charged $17 or 24 hours or there is free street parking, we took the $17 option.
If there was one thing that was a little below par it was the breakfast, not the greatest even for a continental breakfast, but it is free and it filled a gap.
We enjoyed our stay here and would have liked to have stayed longer, definitely recommend and will be my first choice if we return to the beautiful Lancaster County.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mundo61
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The best staffs I have ever met! Considerate, attentive, efficient. The room is spacious, clean and comfortable... Just the kind of hotel you'd hope for after a long drive. Yes, there is a pub across the street, but if you'd like to enjoy the downtown and stay in the center of the city, this may be something you need to tolerate. The breakfast is simple, but they serve local bread and yogurt which I think it's very unique and genuine! I will definitely recommend to anyone looking for a stay in Lancaster.

Stayed: July 2014