“Love it!!”

The Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
“Love it!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The best staffs I have ever met! Considerate, attentive, efficient. The room is spacious, clean and comfortable... Just the kind of hotel you'd hope for after a long drive. Yes, there is a pub across the street, but if you'd like to enjoy the downtown and stay in the center of the city, this may be something you need to tolerate. The breakfast is simple, but they serve local bread and yogurt which I think it's very unique and genuine! I will definitely recommend to anyone looking for a stay in Lancaster.

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Michie I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Greek first
Summit Point, West Virginia
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Ok, to start, the staff was quite nice to us, and understanding of our disappointments. No issue there or with the appearance of the room or lobby. Very nice.
Please be aware of some things. To start, we usually stay in the national chain motels, but have stayed in these fancy downtown places enough to know you just don't get the perks you get with a cheap motel. Not without paying anyway. So I suppose it was my own fault when I read "convenient parking" that I didn't delve further. It is convenient for sure, but hardly included in the price of the room. Go in and out a few times and it will add up to about the same as the $15 overnight charge.
The TV was laughable, really, even the cheapest places have new flat screens with remotes that work well. Refrigerator, yes--hey, where's the microwave!! No microwave to heat our leftovers for breakfast because oh my, when they said 'continental breakfast' they meant it. Except for toast and coffee, it was all cold fare. Nothing like the cheap motels now offer. So, of course, there was no microwave even there so we could heat our food.
Of course the fact that we were not left coffee, etc, and that the pot was dirty and had old coffee, truly could have been a one-time oversite. But what a pain to go down from the 9th floor for coffee.
We would not return to this hotel, but rather, stay at the Hampton, Travelodge, or just some other roadside place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BJNS
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Was really disappointed with the hospitality of the staff. Were kind of unconcerned n not really apathetic to the inconvenience of my stay. It was like I was getting on their nerves when I brought things to their attention that where the hotels issues.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank evangelistt
Maybrook, NY
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The area is great, very city like. A different side of Lancaster for sure. Friday night was very noisy outside, we must've been facing a club or bar with loud music. The hotel does not have parking, so you must park in a lot or find parking in streets. Also the breakfast was quite disappointing , it was continental and not appetizing at all :( our room also had a very old tv and some channels didn't have good reception. Not fun. The good parts was location, it was very clean and staff seemed nice enough.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank VJSF
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I recently had family members come into town and needed to help them find somewhere to stay. I knew that the Hotel Lancaster had recently been renovated so I was a little leery about sending them there. Due to the very fair price my family decided to stay there and were very glad they did. The staff was very pleasant, the rooms were clean, and the location is great to get to all the fun downtown spots. I am very glad I now how a nice, affordable option that I can gladly recommend my family staying at.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Skcotter1
Reviewed May 31, 2014

What a great hotel. Clean, pretty furnishings, really quiet (we were across from the elevator and ice machine and heard nothing), very friendly and helpful staff. Thanks Tom!

Being downtown is much more interesting than being out in Amish Country.

We will most certainly be back.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank TeamCooke
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I loved, loved, loved this hotel, it was clean, comfortable, and completely accommodating. The staff was great and totally helpful as well. The best part is the location, it's surrounded by great restaurants, bars and the Central Market. Stay here

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple