“Nice, clean and convenient!!”

The Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Hotel Lancaster before in November and enjoyed ourselves so we decided to stay again for New Years Eve. The rooms were very clean, well appointed and a good value. Reception on the tv could have been better, but it was not a major concern for us. Would recommend!

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank RB1145
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thanks Rb1145 for the wonderful review. We apologize for the television reception and we can assure you we are working to resolve any future reception issues. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Lancaster PA.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night last night. The recently renewed rooms were just what you needed, and nothing more. Bed was comfortable. Parking is $10 right next door as a guest, it's 15 normally. Great location in Downtown Lanc. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful at all times, in fact I had misplaced my phone and went down to the lobby spoke to a gentlemen about it. I returned to my room and ended up finding my phone, but while I was gone, without me asking, he called all the places I mentioned I was at the night before and asked about the phone. Really great customer service. Needless to say, the next time I'm in Lancaster I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Andrew M
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure having you stay with us and we are glad you found your phone!!! We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here for a conference. You get a good location downtown and my room (on the 8th floor) had a very pretty view of the city. Room was clean and nice. But still, this place is only ok. There is no gym (or am I missing something?). I'm not a big tv person, but the tv in my room looks to be from sometime in the early 1990s and the cable reception was horrible. The walls are thin, so you hear lots of noise, and there's no comforter on the bed -- just a light blanket. So, this is okay (someone else was paying the bill), but just a tiny bit disappointing. I'm guessing you could do better here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank historygal07
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Historygal07,

Thank you for your honest review. That view from the upper floors facing downtown is absolutely beautiful isn't it?

The title of your post says it all for us. We are continuing our renovation efforts. Currently we have our top two floors open and are getting ready to open a 3rd floor so things are getting very exciting here. Currently we do not have a fitness center and not all of our Tv's have been upgraded as of yet. However, a fitness center, and new televisions are in our plans as part of ongoing renovations. So please come back and visit us again and see the exciting changes we are making.

I am sorry to hear about the challenge you experienced with your cable. After seeing your post and investigating the problem we discovered a loose cable. We are so sorry for that. It should have been taken care of before your arrival and there is no excuse for us missing that.

I would definitely like to talk to your about this further if you could call me at your convenience.

Again, we apologize for failing you and would love the opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at the hotel Lancaster a couple of days ago and it was amazing!! The room was beautiful and the staff was so friendly! I was there for one evening. As a single mom I needed a little me time instead of going out with friends and it was absolutely perfect. The manager jasmine was so sweet that she even took care of the room for me!! I highly recommend and the location is perfect for downtown Lancaster!!

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Maisohappy

Dear Maisohappy,,

Thank you for such a kind review. We appreciate you staying with us and glad we were able to make your short getaway a happy and comfortable one. We all need time away now and then and we are happy we were able to help you with that.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The hotel was open for only a month when we stayed here. Some kinks need to be addressed in the near future such as no cable TV on the 9th floor and an incident where two strangers entered our room with THEIR room key! This security breach was unnerving. If planning a stay here, keep in mind that overnight parking runs about $10, either in the adjacent parking garage or at street meters. Breakfast includes breads, jellies, two cereals, OJ, yogurts and muffins.

Room Tip: If assigned a room on the ninth floor, request a room that is away from the elevators. On this top f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Basilico,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at The Hotel Lancaster. As you know we only opened a short time ago and reviews like yours are very important to us.

We are aware there were some television challenges during one of our recent weekends. As soon as it was reported to us we moved forward with troubleshooting. Unfortunately it was on the part of our service provider and was beyond our control. I assure you the problem has been addressed and solved.

As far as someone walking in by mistake on your we can not apologize enough. There is no excuse for that. We have looked into this and taken steps to ensure it does not happen again.

We do not have a lot of the "extras" a lot of hotels have for their continental breakfast because we consider our breakfast a Lancaster County Continental. All of our items are made locally. This makes it difficult sometimes to get some of the items. Our normal breakfast consists of breads, muffins, cereal, granola, yogurt, orange juice, coffee, milk, apples, bananas, but, jelly.

Obviously our explanation does not change the experience you had. I would like to personally discuss this with you further in the hope that you will give us another chance to show you the kind of service and product we have so much pride in.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am not the kind of person who demands luxury or royalty treatment at all, but when staying at a hotel I do expect to be treated with honesty and courteousness.

I stayed at this hotel for a night. After arriving home the next day, I noticed I had left behind a valuable item, and felt pretty, pretty sure it stayed in the room. After two calls, a couple of *promised* callbacks, and finally talking to the manager who seemed to be uninformed of the situation, they reiterated that they hadn't found anything in the room. However, I've always felt extremely certain that I in fact left the item there, and could even specify the place where they should have found it. Of course, things can happen while traveling, but aside from my extremely clear recollection and the fact that the item never left the room during the stay, I had my luggage untouched and always with me until I got back home, so misplacing or losing it on the way back were not viable options. What happened to it? I have a clear idea, of course, but all I will say is that I am very skeptical of the type of people who work here, and can't help but question their honesty.

On top of this, I felt like one of the staff members acted very condescending toward me when I informed him (in a friendly way) that the outside machine that opens the front door after hours wasn't working well, since I tried to open it by inserting my card multiple times and wasn't having any luck. He told me I wasn't doing it right, and that I "should just get some rest." I was just trying to help, and FYI sir, I saw that another guest was having the same issue before, a piece of information I did not mention.

I really don't like to spend money staying at a place and in return feel like I am treated with disrespect and dishonesty.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ts_nav
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you ts_nav for taking time to review your stay with us. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay and the service you received while staying with us.

As you can see by previous posts we pride ourselves in the service we provide ALL of our guests and that is a huge emphasis to all on our Team.

When you initially called about your lost item we immediately went to look for it before the room was even cleaned and did not find the item you believe you left behind. Our Head Housekeeper has over 20 years of experience and we are sorry to hear that you question her honesty and integrity. Our General Manager also went into the room to check and still found nothing. We really wish there was more we could do to assist you in finding your missing device.

I was the person who was at the desk when you were attempting to get into the outside door with your key. I am sorry you mistook my words for condescending, I was simply trying to get an initial diagnoses on the door lock problem before I went to look at it. A key being used upside down or backwards is quite common unfortunately. I immediately went out and checked the door and it worked with no issue at all with the key card I used so we are not sure why your key was having a challenge. As far as telling you to get some rest, it was extremely late at night and it is common for us to tell our guests to get some rest or good night before they go to sleep. Usually this gesture is received appreciatively and we apologize that you did not take it that way.

If you would like to discuss this further with us I would be more then happy to speak with you. Please call the hotel directly and just ask for me.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel has had a nasty recent past with lots of bad press. We needed a hotel for one night in Lancaster without spending a lot of money. Only part of the building is open as they continue to renovate one floor at a time, and we were on the top floor. Don't expect luxury, but this hotel was just fine.

The woman at the desk was helpful and efficient. The room was clean and plenty big. Beds were comfy and the bathroom was fine. The only drawback was some traffic noise, but that is to be expected since the hotel is right downtown. You can walk to everything, and we did.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, but not that many rooms are open yet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 518Harry
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you 518Harry. We are happy you were able to be here with us and that we were able to make your stay a comfortable one. Please come back and see us again soon. There are still many more exciting changes to come.