“Great show, very good food.”

Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre
Ranked #96 of 586 Restaurants in Lancaster
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I along with another couple saw A Christmas Carol. Dinner was included and everything was very good. This is our third visit to the Dutch Apple Theatre. There was a wide variety of selections, a carving station and lots of salads. Tons of desserts if you are into that. The show, a musical version of the Dicken's classic, was excellent. Great package deal.

There are newer reviews for Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre

Reviewed November 3, 2013

In planning a surprise romantic weekend away, I searched high and low for the "perfect" thing to do while in York for just 1 night. I toyed with finding a nice restaurant and then something "to do" afterward when I happened upon this little gem. Lucky for me, The Dutch Apple was putting on a show I'd heard of, but never saw - How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. I was super-excited to combine dinner and a show and wasn't disappointed one bit. The idea of a buffet wasn't ideal, but it turned out that there was enough of a variety of good foods to choose from. We were perfectly satisfied with dessert as well :) The show was great and we ended up being seated with a fun couple. Again, the idea of being seated with strangers was a little off-putting, but it turned out great. It would be nice if they offered seating for just 2. Overall, for the price I paid, I definitely got my money's worth and a great experience to remember. If out in that area again, I would definitely return. Thank you!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We tried the dinner theatre as a spur of the moment experience.
Wow ... we were pleasantly suprised at how wonderful the meal and the show was. We can't wait to go back

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Have been season subscribers for about 15 years. Performances are well-above most dinner theaters we have ever been to. Food better than average also. Staff are very attentive and keep things moving until the performance. Highly recommend.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My mother, sister and I enjoyed the play Menopause. The acting was wonderful. The menu, this time, was not that great. Matter, of fact, we were disappointed. The desserts, however, were plentiful and delicious. I have seen numerous plays at this theater and it was the first time that the dessert area was not kept tidy. It looked like a stampede had come through.

Each time I have come to this theater we HAVE NOT felt welcome. There are a lot of elderly patrons in attendance. My husband and I love musicals therefore we will come again. MY suggestion to staff: Learn some people skills please.