“Floating on Air!”

$269.00*
and up
Lancaster County Hot Air Balloon Ride
More attraction details
Owner description: Come Up - Slow Down. Come, experience the flight of a lifetime over lush countryside and Amish Farm Country. Our guests have enjoyed this wonderful experience of flight for more than 20 years. Many come back, literally, every season and include their friends and family.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Oh, my goodness! This was one of the highlights of our visit! We saw an ad with an offer of $100 off a flight. We decided in the spur of the moment just to go for it. We're SO glad we did! The whole experience was phenomenal! The pilot & crew were very experienced and truly loved what they do. There were just 5 of us in the balloon and we literally floated around Lancaster County for a couple of hours! You have no sensation that you're a mile up in the air but the views are breathtaking! The fields were like the intricate patchwork quilts made by these precious residents. It's a totally different way of experiencing the area! An absolute MUST DO!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We took our first hot balloon flight with US Hot Air Balloon Company in Lancaster, PA yesterday. What an amazing time we had! Granted, we're experienced "balloonists" (is that such a word?) and this was our 7th balloon flight. We met the team at 6:00 a.m. across the street from the Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant. After signing some legal papers, we were ready to go. The ground crew was very friendly and very informative. The balloons were blown up and we were up, up and away just before the sun peeked out from the clouds.

Our pilot (Craig) was amazing. He was very friendly, and very experienced. He gave us all lots of information about ballooning. He shared some fun stories with us. And, most importantly, he gave us important information and safety tips for our landing. I read some of the other reviews on here, and we didn't aim for any trees to help slow us down. Our landing was the best landing I've ever had. In fact, it was so easy to land, we landed in a parking lot!

Our total flight lasted about an hour. Sometimes flights will be shortened because of weather, or landing areas. If a pilot sees a good landing area, they may shorten the ride a little for a safe landing instead of extending the flight and risking dangerous landing spots. The balloon chasers helped us all out of the basket and back into the van and returned us to our starting point. We were given a glass of sparkling fruit-juice (no alcohol served - very impressive) to toast our return safety to Mother Earth.

For anyone who hasn't flewn before - do keep in mind that you are at the mercy of Mother Nature. If there is no breeze, you won't travel far. If it's too breezy, you might land a little faster. Balloon pilots have a responsibility through the FAA to keep everyone safe on these trips. If the weather in inclement, they won't go up. They're not going to risk anyone's life just to "make a sale" ... safety is #1!

In case anyone is thinking this - I'm not affiliated in any way with this company, nor do I own a hot air balloon, nor work for the FAA. I'm just an every-day person who has flown a number of times, and enjoy the experience of ballooning. It's not for everyone, especially if you're afraid of heights. But, if you haven't done this before, and are thinking about doing it, Lancaster is a great place to go - beautiful scenery, lots of open fields, few electrical wires ... and US Hot Air Balloon is a top-notch company (IMHO).

I would highly recommend this company, and I'm looking forward to returning with them again, both in Lancaster, and other spots around the globe.

3  Thank HotelCritic0917
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We took an early morning flight at the end of August from Pottstown Pa. We arrived in the very early AM to watch and assist with the inflation of the balloon. After climbing in to the basket (be prepared for that) taking off, we did a trial touch down to experience what landing would be like. Then off to the sky. What an awesome sunrise, as we soared up to 6000 feet. We kissed the trees. Saw lots of wild life in the woods below. Lovely farms and neighborhoods . Great pictures to be had of shadows of the balloon on to farm lands below. Don't forget to keep your camera tethered to your wrist as you will want to hang over the edge to snap shots. The beauty is you really don't know where the ride will take you. A very competent crew on the ground followed the balloon and arrived to assist with a seamless landing. Stan was our pilot and he was amazing. He has years of experience and knowledge. Upon landing in a school we were ferried back to the airport for a Champagne toast. This is a bucket list kind of experience.

1  Thank karikonrad
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had a really good time. It was interesting to see the balloon get blown up. The ride was very calm, and traveled over scenic Lancaster county. We varied the heights we were at, which was nice too. Really stunning views. Seeing the b&b I was staying at from balloon height was super cool. We landed in an Amish field, and all the Amish children helped pack the balloon away. I had to scram as soon as we got back to the car site because I had to make my next departure, but I know they did have champagne afterwards. The whole crew was very nice. Craig's wife (I'm sorry, can't remember the name, but it was pretty) was very helpful too and helped us take pictures. Great experience!

1  Thank ese1111
Reviewed July 3, 2012

amazing! beautiful! i can't recommend this trip highly enough. in the summer months, the sunrise trip is a must, as the temperature is still tolerable at that time of morning. the balloon's burners create substantial heat themselves and i can't imagine how hot it must be later in the day. the crew were all extremely friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Lucas was an exceptional pilot and had a great sense of humor, which added to the experience. with any luck, you'll land in an amish farmer's field. pricey but worth it.

2  Thank CJL03