“Happy Roadhouse”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Very casual and perfect if you have kids. A real roadhouse, with peanut shells on the floor and not on the quiet side. The four of us and two are 3 and 5, had a pretty good time. The food was very good and the service on par. Overall a great place to eat and the bathrooms were clean.

Reviewed August 6, 2008

My husband, 3rd old and I had a great meal. The pulled pork and mashed potatoes was great. My husbands steak was perfect! We eat in a lot of steakhouses on Long Island and NYC and this steak was better by far! Can't wait for one to open by us!

1  Thank newyorkerlongisland
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We live in Lancaster, and have never been really lucky with restaurants in the area. Everything is just average in town, but when you come here, its a whole different story. Pick your own steak, sing to a jukebox, and throw your peanut shells on the floor. Its a real Oasis in the middle of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. I must say this is BY FAR my family's favorite restaurant in town, even if it is a Chain.

1  Thank beavers745i
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I'll say it myself, sometimes I'm a snob. Be prepared for a real roadhouse; peanut shells on the floor, loud country music, verrrry casual. After a long day, it's perfect for noisy children, elbows on the table, and slipping off your shoes. ( the floor is pretty messy, so I wouldn't). The bathrooms are clean, so that eased my mind. Best to go at 4:00 p.m. when it opens. The food was delicious (we had prime rib), the service friendly and efficient. Three prime rib dinners, appetizers and bottomless sodas $65. It's "good eats" for a reasonable price. Only you can decide if you think that you'll enjoy this.

4  Thank Susan_J_Owen
Reviewed October 8, 2004

We have eaten at this steakhouse once a year for the last 5 years...every time we visit Amish Country.

We have always found the service to be great....we love eating peanuts while we wait....and
our steaks have always been flavorfull and cooked pretty much to our liking.

The prices can't be beat.

I would eat here before I would go to Outback...because you can get a 7 ounce sirloin here...for those who want to have steak but not a huge one !!!

6  Thank LYNNENY